Sandals trip or Cruise?

DH and I went to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica 5 years ago on our honeymoon. We ALWAYS talk about how that was our favorite vacation and we do love to cruise. The food and service were awesome. I cannot say enough that I tell my husband that I want to go back to Whitehouse just for the steak and sweet potato at Eleanors. There is quite a bit to do during the day than just lay around at the beach/ pool. There is snorkeling, kayaking, water skiing, scubadiving (all which are INCLUDED) along with pool games and sports. At night, it is not as busy as a cruise ship but good music, themed dinners, and shows. It was just such a relaxing vacation and I would definitely give it a try.

We enjoy cruising a lot and I think the convienence of not having to fly anywhere is why we keep cruising (we live in FL). We did have a second Sandals trip booked to St. Lucia but then I found out I was pregnant so we canceled and cruised instead because it was cheaper. I cannot wait to go back to an AI but this time it will be Beaches because of our DS :)

Looking for advice from people who have done both types of vacations-- which do you prefer?

I have children, one with special needs, so what I look for is different than you on this trip - but I've stayed at Sandal's sister line of resorts, Beaches, and they were wonderful. Heads-and-shoulders above RCI when it came to kids entertainment and care.

For adults only, expect a cruise to be more go-go-go and Sandals to be relax-relax-relax. I love that drinks are free, diving and snorkeling are free, etc. Entertainment will be better on a ship. Food pretty much on par.

Archived