Disney Magic room help please

butterbread

We are a family of 5, 3 DC between 4 & 11. We had thought of getting a one bedroom family suite but I'm leaning towards two adjoining verandah suites instead -- my rationale is that = 2 bathrooms, and a room just for the kids essentially.

DH & I have only cruised without kids and it was always a Junior Suite on Liberty, so not really apples to apples. He is worried we are are going to be cramped in the verandah (albeit 2 of them).

Suggestions? Also Magic doesn't have adjoining verandahs above level 6 and we are used to staying 8 or higher on Liberty.

Just want to make sure we will be satisfed since it is likely our one and only shot at the Disney cruise.

Thanks!

A 1-bedroom suite would have two bathrooms and a separate room for the kids, assuming you get one of the 4 suites with the fold-down bed in the living room instead of in the bedroom.

However, two veranda rooms would probably be less expensive than a suite, and would give you four bathrooms -- two with a sink and shower and two with a sink and toilet. The Magic has connecting Category 6 veranda staterooms on deck 6 and Category 5 veranda staterooms on deck 7. There are also a few connecting Category 4 veranda staterooms on Deck 8. It is possible that some or all of these are sold out for dates you're looking at, though. My family has stayed on decks 6, 7, and 8, and found no significant differences in the motion of the ship and convenience of location. The upper decks are closer to the pools, drink station, and fast-food restaurants, but the lower decks are closer to the main dining rooms, shops, theaters, and kids' clubs.

Note that if you book two rooms, you would need to book one adult in each room, but you can easily get keys to both rooms for both adults once you board.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One more note: you mentioned adjoining rooms. Those are simply rooms next to each other. Connecting rooms have a door that can be opened to move from one room to the other. With three relatively young kids, you would probably be better with connecting rooms.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've done both, a cat T and connecting veranda rooms. Personally the connecting veranda rooms are better for sleeping space, as you get actual beds for every person and more private sleeping space. In the T, the kids sleep in the living room. Also, the 2nd bathroom in the T is pretty small, but still functional, the split baths in the veranda room give you more room. The concierge service is nice, but not worth the price difference IMO. We stick with connecting verandas now, the price is so much cheaper and the kids prefer their own beds rather than pullout couches......

I'd agree about the connecting verandah cabins with the ages of your children - at first I was going to suggest a verandah cabin and an inside across the hall but with younger kids, not so much.

We stayed in a connecting on Deck 6 (but not with the people in the next cabin, just happened to have a connecting cabin) and I can see how that would be nice with a larger family. We didn't look to see if the divider between the cabins on the verandah could be moved to expand the verandah or not - maybe someone else knows?

Habe you considered a two bedroom, 2.5 bath suite? You will have a separate room for the kiddos, a living room and a dining room plus a triple wide balcony. It is a great room. They will also provide a full room service dinner with white linens if you request it. If that is too pricey I would definitely suggest getting a connecting room. We are also a family of five, sometimes six when grandma comes along, and a connecting always works well. In our house, extra bathrooms trump everything else.

Good luck:)

We have been on the Magic in Cat T's and the best ones if you can get them are 8032/8034. 8532/8534, Longer veradah and also feels more spread out.

All Cat Ts are very nice.

Thanks for the tip -- is it noisy, being near the elevator?

We have been on the Magic in Cat T's and the best ones if you can get them are 8032/8034. 8532/8534, Longer veradah and also feels more spread out.

All Cat Ts are very nice.

Thumbs up. This. Totally!

I would further add that if you have a choice, the rooms ending in 4 (rather than 2) have larger closets.

Edited by AlexandNessa

Thanks for the tip -- is it noisy, being near the elevator?

Not noisy from being near the elevators, but more so from being under the pool area. We've stayed in all 4 "middies" as the onboard booking agent called them. They are quite large and have an awesome layout. If we are sailing the classic ships, we do not sail unless we get one of these rooms. :D

Thanks again -- may I ask what the benefit is of the "concierge" with the suites?

Shoreside concierge team will submit all your requests and preferences before you even board. Want a cabana without waiting up till midnight? Done. Just be PIF, and the shoreside concierge will handle it. Want to note a preferred dinner rotation? They'll handle that as well. Palo Brunch, dinner, spa appointments? Handled precruise also, if you wish.

At the pier you will have your own check in area and waiting area and will be among the first on the ship. Once aboard, you'll go to the concierge reception where you'll be offered a beverage of your choice while the concierge reviews your itinerary with you and sees if you need any changes or additions.

You will get treats in your room daily. Your cooler will be stocked with sodas and water (they are not replenished, but if you find you would rather have bottled water instead of Sprite, just tell them and they'll swap it out).

Your concierge will check in on you daily. Anything you need, they will handle. Want dinner in your suite one night instead of trekking to the dining room? Concierge will arrange the dining room menu to come to you, to be served ensuite.

Want to change an excursion last minute? Have a problem with your bill? Need to find a sewing kit? All things the concierge can handle.

There is also a party one night for concierge guests with cocktails and character guests.

No need to wait at guest services for anything. Your concierge is one stop shopping.

We become quite attached to some of the concierge hosts. If you are lucky, you will have Danny on the Magic. :D

Not sure if you are interested in concierge level suites or just connecting cabins. The suites are all concierge level based on the Magic's current configuration. There are connecting cabins available in many categories.

The most cost effective option would be connecting staterooms, but you could certainly opt for a concierge suite that will sleep all 5 of you (no need for connecting suites if you go this way--one suite can do it.)

• 2 years later...
This is the typical layout of a CAT T 8032/8034/8532/8534.

16ef70e9-1d8a-4356-8fad-71394f47f81f.jpg

from this picture there doesn't seem to be a door to the balcony from the bedroom. Would anyone know if there is one?? thanks

from this picture there doesn't seem to be a door to the balcony from the bedroom. Would anyone know if there is one?? thanks

It's been a very long time since I enjoyed 8032, but I don't believe so. There is a window, and two doors in the living space, one by the chairs and one by the table.

On the newer ships the configuration is very different and there isn't even a window in the bedroom. :(

I always opt for 2 rooms, hopefully adjoining, I think it seems bigger, I like having 2 tvs, 2 bathrooms, etc and it is less expensive than a suite. And for us, it's more important than the suite perks. It was also super helpful in the one cruise when my son was sick for one day, we could really isolate him from the other 2, without a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk