Have AzAmazing Evening Questions ? Please Post Here !

Andy

I am wondering if anyone knows about the Jan29th Sea of Cortez evening?? I can't get a hold of my TA till October, she is on a leave... thanks.

Hello Mikechass -

Yes, there will be an AzAmazing Evening on the Azamara Quest's Sea of Cortez voyage. At this point in time, however, I'm not able to share more details about the 2014 AzAmazing Evening planned for that day.

I've been told we're almost complete with the reformulated 2014 program and that I should be able to share more information with you very soon. When I have specific details about the 2014 AzAmazing Evenings program I will share them with you on this thread.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Anyone know the February 18 and March 4th Quest evening ports and dates?

Hello Taxjam -

I can confirm that there will be AzAmazing Evening events on both of the Azamara Quest voyages. As I've been saying, I'm not able to share more details about the 2014 AzAmazing Evening planned for those two voyages.

I've been told we're almost complete with the reformulated 2014 program and that I should be able to share more information with you very soon. When I have specific details about the 2014 AzAmazing Evenings program I will share them with you on this thread.

Here's a link to the website's "Find -a-Voyage" tab so that you can review the itinerary times and details: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/find-a-voyage

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Has a date been selected for the AzAmazing Evening for the Jan 15, 2014 Sail date Will there be one for this cruise?

Hello Scapel -

Yes, there will be an AzAmazing Evening on the Azamara Quest's January 15-29, 2014 voyage. At this point in time, however, I'm not able to share more details about the 2014 AzAmazing Evening planned for that day.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

Looking back my original question was unclear. For planning purposes, I simply wanted to know which day and port would have the Azamazing Evening. I'm sure the place and date is already know. I can wait for the details.

Thanks

Hello Taxjam -

I can confirm that there will be AzAmazing Evening events on both of the Azamara Quest voyages. As I've been saying, I'm not able to share more details about the 2014 AzAmazing Evening planned for those two voyages.

Here's a link to the website's "Find -a-Voyage" tab so that you can review the itinerary times and details: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/find-a-voyage

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Not sure whether this is the correct forum or not for this post, but here goes.. Hubby and I have just returned from our first Azamara Cruise from Rome to Venice and it was wonderful. However, the Azamazing Evening was a complete disappointment. We had read in the brochure of ballet, Tenors, concerts, etc. so were looking forward to it. Our Azamara Evening was scheduled for Sicily, so we expected something memorable with views to die for. However, our evening was held in a conference/wedding venue in a restaurant underground with no views. The menu choice was fish or vegetarian (no meat whatsoever). We started eating at 7.30 and by 10.00pm and after 3 "courses" our table of 10 were so hungry we left early and followed 2 other tables back to the buses and back to the ship to get more food. Absolute disappointment, we should have stayed on the ship and at least we would have had stunning views of the island whilst we ate fantastic food on board. We gave our feedback to Russ, the Cruise Director and the Land Discoveries Team, but no explanation was given.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing the Quest beginning 5 Jan from Miami. The Amazing evening is 10 Jan @ 6pm. No info on the evening except it's Panamanian culture. Hope more information will be posted soon. Went ahead and booked it based on past CC info.

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

We are sailing the Quest beginning 5 Jan from Miami. The Amazing evening is 10 Jan @ 6pm. No info on the evening except it's Panamanian culture. Hope more information will be posted soon. Went ahead and booked it based on past CC info.

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Hello Irisdeane and other followers -

Although I do not have the complete details, the AzAmazing Evening event will held during the overnight stay at Fuerte Amador (Friday, January 10, 2014) with an evening of dance at the historic and prestigious National Theater of Panama in Panama City. The performance, called "The Spirit of Panama," is a tableau whereby the story of Panama comes to life.

According to the latest marketing update, the anticipated date to have the complete AzAmazing Evening events shown on our website is sometime during the week of October 21st.

In the meantime, if you have questions about your specific voyage, I have access to a "near-final" summary list that provides highlights.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill, I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to join in the forum again! Librarylady19 (Sandi) and I & respective spouses are on the May 12th sailing from Athens next year. Are we going to have a Sorrento AzAmazing evening on that voyage or something else?

Edited by dln929

Bill...glad you're back and feeling better. Can you give me anything about the event for the Quest sailing of January 29 (Sea of Cortez)?

Thanks so much.

Any info on the evening planned for Bangkok 28th November 2013 on the Journey

Shintaro

Any info on the evening planned for Bangkok 28th November 2013 on the Journey

The AzAmazing Evening details for 2013 sailings have been listed on the Azamara website--and likely available for booking [you do so as if a shore excursion]--for months...

azamazing-evenings-event-icon.png AzAmazing EveningsSM

azamazing-evenings-default-event.png

Discovering Bangkok’s Ancient City—November 29, 2013. Walk candlelit paths to enter the Ancient City, a 200-acre site representing Thailand’s architectural heritage of temples, shrines, palaces and stupas. Enjoy curries, Pad Thai, chicken satay and other Thai foods paired with beer and Mai-Tais. Soak up the local culture as you watch dancers, artisans and live performances of Thai Khim (dulcimer).

We ask that you sign up for this event online at least four days prior to your voyage. Full participation details can be found in the AzAmazing Evenings section.

-----

Edited by Xport

The AzAmazing Evening details for 2013 sailings have been listed on the Azamara website--and likely available for booking [you do so as if a shore excursion]--for months...

azamazing-evenings-event-icon.png AzAmazing EveningsSM

azamazing-evenings-default-event.png

Discovering Bangkok’s Ancient City—November 29, 2013. Walk candlelit paths to enter the Ancient City, a 200-acre site representing Thailand’s architectural heritage of temples, shrines, palaces and stupas. Enjoy curries, Pad Thai, chicken satay and other Thai foods paired with beer and Mai-Tais. Soak up the local culture as you watch dancers, artisans and live performances of Thai Khim (dulcimer).

We ask that you sign up for this event online at least four days prior to your voyage. Full participation details can be found in the AzAmazing Evenings section.

-----

That would seem easy IF you have this magical reference Number which we do not have :o

We are booked through a Cruise Company and have no such number as yet

But at least We know it is the 29th now not the 28th so can plan our days now

;)

Shintaro

That would seem easy IF you have this magical reference Number which we do not have :o

;)

Shintaro

You are very welcome...

We each choose a Travel Agent for a variety of personal reasons... But frankly, I'd be really vexed if I didn't have my Reservation # less than two months prior to sailing...

You need that number to book Land Discoveries [shore excursions] on-line in advance as is required if you want to secure the 25% discount that Azamara offers [on-board bookings are full price/undiscounted]... Surely you have time as I believe the deadline for on-line, discounted bookings is four days prior to sail date... But I'd personally be pressuring my Travel Agent for my Reservation # now so that I could plan my days with the benefit of knowing all options...

Enjoy your trip; looking forward to doing the same itinerary in February...

;)

Shintaro

Hi, I don't know the particulars of your situation, but there is a chance that the reason you don't have a reference number may have to do with your TA putting you into a group reservation. That's what happened to me one year when I booked a cruise myself direct with a cruise line (Crystal) and then gave that reservation (and all the work I had done) to a TA who belongs to a large consortium. She neither asked nor informed me that she had slipped me into a group reservation, which changed my reservation number, and I had similar problems to what you described. Just a thought.

Hi, I don't know the particulars of your situation, but there is a chance that the reason you don't have a reference number may have to do with your TA putting you into a group reservation. That's what happened to me one year when I booked a cruise myself direct with a cruise line (Crystal) and then gave that reservation (and all the work I had done) to a TA who belongs to a large consortium. She neither asked nor informed me that she had slipped me into a group reservation, which changed my reservation number, and I had similar problems to what you described. Just a thought.

Hi

I have actually got the Magical reference number from the Travel Agent and yes we are Block Booked

Shintaro

Hi Bill, I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to join in the forum again! Librarylady19 (Sandi) and I & respective spouses are on the May 12th sailing from Athens next year. Are we going to have a Sorrento AzAmazing evening on that voyage or something else?

Hello to you both -

I'm pleased to be back and to share with you the preliminary information about the AzAmazing Evening event planned for the Azamara Journey's May 12, 2014 voyage.

It will be held on Thursday, May 15 in Valletta, Malta and its theme is "Medieval Malta: A Knight on the Town." As you enjoy cocktails and local delicacies, the evening will offer a true Medieval Malta experience - a Grand Master of ceremonies, torches, lances, drummers, trumpeters, and folkloric dancers.

The decision to use Malta was to avoid over-scheduling the overnight stay in Sorrento (Capri) on Saturday, May 17, and compete with the three comprehensive Land Discoveries shore excursions that will take most of the day:

1. RN01 Pompeii & Capri - 8:45 am, 9 hr(s) 30 min(s)

2. RN09 Island of Capri - 8:45 am, 7 hr(s) 30 min(s)

3. RN19 Exclusive Amalfi Coast, Pompeii & Positano - 8:45 am, 9 hr(s) 30 min(s)

I hope this information helps with your planning and builds your anticipation to revisit Azamara!

Good health & best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill,

Glad you're feeling better and nice to see you back.

Do you have any news yet on the Azamazing evening for this cruise from your provisional list ?

Regards

Hello Cheznick -

Thank you for your words of welcome.

I'm pleased to share with you the preliminary information about the AzAmazing Evening event planned for the Azamara Quest's February 18, 2014 Los Angeles to Caldera voyage.

The event will be held on February 20 during the over-night stay in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and will take place at the Wirikuta Garden. You will step back in time as you take a mystical journey through music and the tribal dances of the Mexican indigenous in a unique botanical desert garden, arranged in 3 sacred geometry designed pyramids. Live tribal dancers, accompanied by rhythms with percussion, perform separate dances atop each of these three pyramids. The performance concludes with a spectacular demonstration of fire and dance.

I hope this information helps with your planning and learning more about the culture and its history.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill...glad you're back and feeling better. Can you give me anything about the event for the Quest sailing of January 29 (Sea of Cortez)?

Thanks so much.

Hello Mare -

It's good to feel better and be able to share with you the preliminary information about the AzAmazing Evening event planned for the Azamara Quest's January 29, 2014 Sea of Cortez & Copper Canyon voyage.

The event will be held on February 7 during the late-night stay in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and will take place at the Wirikuta Garden. You will step back in time as you take a mystical journey through music and the tribal dances of the Mexican indigenous in a unique botanical desert garden, arranged in 3 sacred geometry designed pyramids. Live tribal dancers, accompanied by rhythms with percussion, perform separate dances atop each of these three pyramids. The performance concludes with a spectacular demonstration of fire and dance.

I hope this information helps with your planning and builds your anticipation to revisit Azamara!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill

i am glad you are back. but the updates on the Amazing Evening realy sucks. .there seems to be the same event done twice in Cabo and from whati read the same in Panama. .So for people who are on for weeks on end i wil lbe looking for nice dinners out. not like Europe when each cruise was new and exciting events.

really silly on Mia's part. Plus i understand the person in charge got a promation. hmmm!

Hi Bill.

Welcome back - to health and to our board.

Do you have any information about the Azamazing evening event for the March 3 Journey cruise - Trades of the Orient?

Thanks so much.

Hello Sandy -

I'm enjoying my AzAmazing Evening being back home. Here is the preliminary information about the AzAmazing Evening event planned for the Azamara Journey's March 3, 2014 "Trade Routes of the Orient" Voyage.

It will be held on March 14 during the late-night stay in Taipei, Taiwan at the landmark Grand Hotel – Taipei. You will enjoy a specially prepared dinner along with an evening of Chinese and Taiwan cultural entertainment.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill

i am glad you are back. but the updates on the Amazing Evening realy sucks. .there seems to be the same event done twice in Cabo and from whati read the same in Panama. .So for people who are on for weeks on end i wil lbe looking for nice dinners out. not like Europe when each cruise was new and exciting events.

really silly on Mia's part. Plus i understand the person in charge got a promation. hmmm!

Hello Robin -

As a guest on extended voyages I can relate to your disappointment that several of the AzAmazing Evening events will be repeated during your time aboard.

Although our Miami-based planning group has the imagination and experience to create unique custom-tailored AzAmazing Evening events through our network of local tour operators, their success is contingent on three critical success factors:

1. The geographical area in which we operate, and

2. The infrastructure available to showcase the cultural highlights such as the available event venues and the transportation resources.

3. The itinerary arrival and departure times.

In my opinion, our options for greater variety are constrained by our deployment when we are in Mexico, Central and South America. While they are rich in cultural history and influence from ancient civilizations, they are not as multi-dimensional with respect to other special interests as that found in Europe and Asia. Our standard procedure is to avoid repeating events; however, sometimes it is not always possible. Although we considered other alternative options, we found that these were not operational.

I really think you summed up the situation best with your comment - it's "not like Europe when each cruise was new and exciting...."

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Sandy -

I'm enjoying my AzAmazing Evening being back home. Here is the preliminary information about the AzAmazing Evening event planned for the Azamara Journey's March 3, 2014 "Trade Routes of the Orient" Voyage.

It will be held on March 14 during the late-night stay in Taipei, Taiwan at the landmark Grand Hotel – Taipei. You will enjoy a specially prepared dinner along with an evening of Chinese and Taiwan cultural entertainment.

Hi Bill.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your AzAmazing Evening at home - much nicer than being in the hospital.

Thanks for the information above. Do you happen to know the timing of that evening? I ask since some tours are not scheduled to return to the ship until 4:00 or 5:00 pm.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Hi Bill - good to see you 'back on board' and hope you have a speedy recovery.

We've been trying to find out for some time the details of the Azamazing Evening that, according to the downloadable brochure, is at the Blue Elephant in Phuket starting at 5.30pm. As the ship does not arrive in Phuket until 1pm and all the excursions offered do not get back until after this time (in fact the one we want to do gets back at 9.45), we can't help thinking some adjustment of the itinerary is required. The excursion timings can only really work if the ship arrives in Phuket early morning. Despite emails via the Captains Club and their best endeavours to get a response from Miami, no information has been forthcoming, so anything you can find out would be appreciated.