Canal bus in Amsterdam

I never used them, but it is a nice way to see the city. Of course there are certain fix stops which means sometimes you will have to walk to the place you want to see.

There is also a Amsterdam card, which gives discounts to some musea, restaurants and transport on trams and buses. This link of the Amsterdam Toursit Office give you all details:http://www.atcb.nl/encorporate/default.aspx

there is a water bus stop just past the little mermaid which takes you in to nyhaven I believe which is good for the sights and shopping.The little mermaid is about a five minute walk from langelinie pier.

the royal palace and nyhaven are about a 15 minute walk along the front from the little mermaid.You will pass a life size statue of david like the one in florence along the way.

Its a nice walk and easily done from langelinie cruise pier

Well it's interesting information nevertheless. We will also be in Copenhagen and we were not aware they had canal buses. Thanks

oops!! I definately got lost there folks. A real senior moment it seems.We have been on the amsterdam canal boats as well as it happens and found them similar to the copenhagen one I described.

Hope you have a good time in both cities

Jim

Hi folks,

I dont wna't to be a kiljoy, but if your in Amsterdam is short or limited, then using the canal bus is also too limiting. Please don't get me worng, they offer a very good service (expensive in my view), I have used them often myself, when I have been able to spend hours just cruising the canals.

Too many times I have been waiting and failed to get on the boat as they are full, or don't arrive when expected and bene left to re-plan at th elast minute. Also the number of stops is very limiting if you want to get around. My favourite use of them is to get from The Central Station to the Ryksmuseum, or vice versa.

Using trams is so easy and so flexible that there really is no better way to do it.

Archived