Love Boat Theme

muse_clio

An office mate told me today that at every port, on the ship during the day, or just about any time, the Princess ships' speakers "blare out" the Love Boat theme. :eek:

is that true?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have not heard this :confused:

These guys are big Princess cruisers, so i believed them. And since we have a speaker on our balcony (C752), this was definitely a concern. thanks guys.

i do believe exlax will find its way into some coffee cups tomorrow:cool: And I'll be doing the peptobismol dance AT them....

I remember hearing it in 1986 on my Royal Princess cruise for Sailaway but not since then. I sailed the little Island Princess, transpacific in 1992 leaving from Honolulu and they did not play it and we actually thought they would!

Susie

On the Grand Princess in 2001, cruising the Eastern Caribbean, They played the Love Boat theme during sail away and also they played Celebration by Kool and the Gang. I LOVED it, it really got you into the cruising mood!!! Sorry they don;t play that during sail away anymore...

I still hum/sing it to myself when pulling out of any port on any Princess ship. Sorry .. I still enjoy the 'fantasy'.

The thing I enjoyed on the old Island Princess was the bar that I wanted Isacc to be tending at .. think it had the same name as the bar on the show!

Tho we had a far better Julie!

We sail Saturday on the Diamond Princess, and I keep humming the "theme to love boat". I grew up watching that show, and never actually imagined I would go on a cruise (This is my first).

I keep expecting to see Isaac at the bar. I know, he won't be there! LOL

The song may be annoying to some folks, but it remains a very popular tune in many circles. Try pricing a used 45 rpm version of the Love Boat Theme by Jack Jones on eBay, if and when you can find it. That single fetches a nice price. Princess should not abandon the very song that brought them to the big dance.

Archived