Hawaii Shore Excursions at the Pier?

IdahoCruises

Just curious for those of you who have had shore excursions in Hawaii. Wondering if they pick you up near the ship or is there some walking distance to the pickup locations? I ask this because my wife has neuropothy (sp) and is unable to walk much distance due to pain developing.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Honolulu has a large terminal building you must exit through to get to the excursion buses. I'd say it's at least a long block long.

Kauai has a LONG pier from the ship to the parking area for the buses.

I can't remember Hilo.

Hope this helps.

Jackie

Just curious for those of you who have had shore excursions in Hawaii. Wondering if they pick you up near the ship or is there some walking distance to the pickup locations? I ask this because my wife has neuropothy (sp) and is unable to walk much distance due to pain developing.

Thanks in advance for your input.

In Lahaina, we were offloaded onto our whale watch vessel from the ship and after the excursion, dropped at the pier to take the tender back to the ship. In Hilo, we were picked up at the pier for our excursion. In Lahaina, people tendered to shore to be picked up for their excursions.

Thanks, Jackie. Want to make this cruise as special as I can for my wife who took care of my mom to her last days. Trying to spoil her rotten without causing her any inconvenience.

Oh, you just made my day! Your heart certainly is in the right place. I hope the two of you have a wonderful cruise.

Archived