Carnival Legend, July 3-15, 2013: The Baltic Blowout

nybumpkin

We are also on the Legend Sept. can't wait enjoyed your review. a lot of lost luggage this Europe season will do carryons with some clothing
This wasn't the first time we had missing luggage - I just didn't count on missing it for the better part of 2 days. In 2005, we were flying to New Orleans and our connecting flight from Chicago was canceled. They couldn't book us on a flight until the following day. Meanwhile, our bags merrily went on their way to New Orleans and we caught up with them the next day. In 2008, we missed our connection in Atlanta for Miami. Our bags spent the night at Hartsfield-Jackson while we spent the night at a Holiday Inn. (Funny story from that one: Oldest son packed both his contact lens case and his glasses in his checked bag. At the hotel, I suggested that he put his contact lenses in a cup in the hotel room with the contact lens solution I had packed in my bag. Unfortunately, during the night youngest son woke up and needed a drink of water. He found the cup containing oldest son's contact lenses, took a drink - and spit the lenses out in the sink. Now we had a very grumpy 16 YO who couldn't see very well.:p Yes, he had spare lenses - he just had to wait until we got to Miami.)

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

This wasn't the first time we had missing luggage - I just didn't count on missing it for the better part of 2 days. In 2005, we were flying to New Orleans and our connecting flight from Chicago was canceled. They couldn't book us on a flight until the following day. Meanwhile, our bags merrily went on their way to New Orleans and we caught up with them the next day. In 2008, we missed our connection in Atlanta for Miami. Our bags spent the night at Hartsfield-Jackson while we spent the night at a Holiday Inn. (Funny story from that one: Oldest son packed both his contact lens case and his glasses in his checked bag. At the hotel, I suggested that he put his contact lenses in a cup in the hotel room with the contact lens solution I had packed in my bag. Unfortunately, during the night youngest son woke up and needed a drink of water. He found the cup containing oldest son's contact lenses, took a drink - and spit the lenses out in the sink. Now we had a very grumpy 16 YO who couldn't see very well.:p Yes, he had spare lenses - he just had to wait until we got to Miami.)

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

So funny now but I am sure it wasn't then only had a luggage problem one time but received it that night. problems with the plane we boarded so changed plans but they didn't change our luggage

So funny now but I am sure it wasn't then only had a luggage problem one time but received it that night. problems with the plane we boarded so changed plans but they didn't change our luggage
Missing luggage is never funny - but I have to admit that when it came to the contact lenses, it was even funny at the time. We had told him to make sure he packed necessities in a carry-on - never imagined he wouldn't think that spare lenses or glasses were "necessities." Today that son is in the Navy, travels much better - but he still leaves items behind in his wake.:p

Missing luggage is never funny - but I have to admit that when it came to the contact lenses, it was even funny at the time. We had told him to make sure he packed necessities in a carry-on - never imagined he wouldn't think that spare lenses or glasses were "necessities." Today that son is in the Navy, travels much better - but he still leaves items behind in his wake.:p

I was laughing at the contact lens drink I could see it happening my one son has 3 boys 8-10-16 they leave them do their own packing and the 8 yr. old is the most organized even with their house the other ones I would check everything.

I was laughing at the contact lens drink I could see it happening my one son has 3 boys 8-10-16 they leave them do their own packing and the 8 yr. old is the most organized even with their house the other ones I would check everything.
Exactly! We're getting ready to send the oldest off to officers' training in San Diego and trying to make sure everything he needs goes with him.:p

Archived