Haunted Tour

FWCruiser

Does anyone have any information on this tour of Key West? Would it be too scary for average 6 & 8 year-olds? They have looked at the website and feel like they want to do it! Any info would be great! (We get into KW at 3pm so most of the museums and tours will be closing. We are definitely heading for some key lime pie but need help after that!)

:)

The ghost tour has two starting times after dinner. It starts at the lobby of the La Concha Hotel on Duval Street. I understand another ghost tour has started operation, too, but I'm not sure how successful it has been or if it even still operates.

Key West has some interesting ghost stories and similar oddities such as the doll on which the "Chucky" movies are said to have been based and the super weirdo Count Von Cosel who continued to sleep with his deceased wife long after her death. I'm not sure if your children will be really scared by these stories. None of them are nearly as bad as, say, "The Amityville Horror", but then I don't know how susceptible to being scared your children are.

I think these stories are more intended for good natured fun so typical of Key West, but I haven't taken the ghost tour myself. If you do take the ghost tour, please come back here and tell us what you thought of it. If you enjoy it, I will definitely try it too.

I'd be interested in hearing reviews on the Ghost Tour. We' ve been to Key West a number of times and with this next cruise, we plan on doing a land vacation to the Florida Keys and going to Key West one night. One of the things we want to do is the Ghost Tour (we've never done it).

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Oh, we're traveling with girls ages 14 and 8, who will join us in the tour.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there in May and did the ghost tour. It was a blast. As a previous poster mentioned, it is more story related. The guides make it very fun and entertaining. I don't think it would be too scary for children. It is more of a walking tour of some of Key West's "interesting haunted" past. I would definitely recommend this for good family fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived