Carnival Ecstasy Wedding!

My fiance and I are getting married on the October 21st 2013 sailing of the Carnival Ecstasy!

I am having a hard time with a couple things!

1. We will be having roughly 20 guests so we will have the two-tier cake. I am bringing my own wedding cake topper, but I want to add a little bit more to the cake to make it more of our own. I know they allow you to bring silk flowers or ribbon and such, but with the cake only being 2 tiers I don't want so much decoration that it looks tacky.. Any suggestions?

2. Ideas on flavor combinations? I like the idea of having either the strawberry or lemon filling, but I don't know if it is just icing consistency or jelly like.

3. Hair and Make-up! Do they have a make-up artist at the salon to do make-up?

4. What were some items you brought to personalize your weddings?

As things are becoming closer my list is getting longer and because of my work schedule I am having a hard time finding time to get in contact with the wedding coordinator!

Thanks ladies!

My fiance and I are getting married on the October 21st 2013 sailing of the Carnival Ecstasy!

I am having a hard time with a couple things!

1. We will be having roughly 20 guests so we will have the two-tier cake. I am bringing my own wedding cake topper, but I want to add a little bit more to the cake to make it more of our own. I know they allow you to bring silk flowers or ribbon and such, but with the cake only being 2 tiers I don't want so much decoration that it looks tacky.. Any suggestions?

2. Ideas on flavor combinations? I like the idea of having either the strawberry or lemon filling, but I don't know if it is just icing consistency or jelly like.

3. Hair and Make-up! Do they have a make-up artist at the salon to do make-up?

4. What were some items you brought to personalize your weddings?

As things are becoming closer my list is getting longer and because of my work schedule I am having a hard time finding time to get in contact with the wedding coordinator!

Thanks ladies!

Congrats! DH and I were married on the Dream last year, and it was amazing!

1. We didn't decorate the actual cake, but we could've brought ribbon or rhinestone rolls and they would have put it on for us. We decorated the table a bit instead and stuck with the white cake.

2. We chose vanilla with strawberry filling, and it was kind of a jelly texture and freakin' delish! I only had a bite but they brought it to me for dessert in the MDR that first night, luckily!

3. We were told to come ready, all bridesmaids and groomsmen dressed, since the ship is busy getting ready for sailing anyway. We had 4 rooms in a row for my family (all sailing) so DH got dressed in one room and I got ready in ours. All hair and makeup had to be done, and we could do touch ups once in the room while waiting.

4. We bought our favors on board (handmade coasters...with the tag "coasting into marriage:D) and that was pretty much the only things we needed. If you live close to the port, I definitely recommend requesting a tour of the ship before, if you have time. We did and were able to submit a request for the room we wanted, and we got it! It was absolutely perfect. Plus, we were able to avoid meeting the wedding coordinator for half an hour and were able to grab lunch onboard! :D

You'll most likely have a wedding coordinator assigned to you for the entire sailing to ensure any need you have is taken care of. Mine was incredible and we all loved her! She gave us port tips, helped with arranging to meet the photographer and select photos, even replaced my dinner shot glasses we bought after I forgot them on the table one night.

There's also a wedding board here, so make sure you check that out! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=7&f=31

Here's some pics to see what I did with the cake table, and some fun ones just because!

IMG_1665-vi.jpg

IMG_1681-vi.jpg

IMG_1979-vi.jpg

IMG_1649-vi.jpg

Archived