carnival crime

joeyancho

I really like the idea of full disclosure and transparency. It's always a good thing.

Unfortunately, people can be dumb as rocks when it comes to assessing risk, inflating things that are unlikely to happen, while ignoring the obvious dangers.

These stats should be a convincing argument that cruising is generally a very safe way to go on vacation.

If you look behind most of the recent stories of crime, injuries, and unnatural death on cruise ships, you often see evidence of people who did really, really dumb things -- as if to provoke their own bad outcomes. Standing on a balcony, for example. Or getting insanely intoxicated in a foreign port. Or getting wasted on a ship and going into a stranger's cabin. (This is not to excuse criminals, but to point out that you have to be the advocate of your own security.)

Interesting 127 over three years on four different cruise lines and RCI has 94 for only one cruise line.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not sure the purpose is to compare who has the worst crime. It's to alert those with their heads in the clouds that crime doesnt exist. Especially those that let their kids roam free.

Not sure the purpose is to compare who has the worst crime. It's to alert those with their heads in the clouds that crime doesnt exist. Especially those that let their kids roam free.

Maybe not, but they put the numbers there and I compared them. I looked at the numbers also. I wasn't saying that one cruise line is better than another. I just thought it was an interesting comparison. If the numbers are even true. The same if I was comparing neighborhoods when moving or schools or anything else. All I said it was interesting (to me).

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived