Carnival cruiser seeking advice on other lines

millstastic10

I will be booking a cruise for me and my wife's 4th year anniversary. We have cruised with Carnival 3 times and love it! We are interested in trying Norwegian. However we have questions regarding the freestyle dinner. We loved the main dinning room experience on Carnival, does that get lost on Norwegian? Is the dinning set up still enjoyable? And does the choice of more dinning mean lower quality? Any and all advice or recommendations are appreciated even if it is regarding a different line than Norwegian. Thanks fellow cruisers!!:)

Freestyle just means you do not have a set dining time or the same table with the same waitstaff or tablemates

If you like to sit with the same people everynight it may not work for you

You can always ask for the same waitstaff or at least sit in their section

We've been on 35+/- cruises. We are mid 40's. We love the EPIC and have our 3rd on it scheduled for November. The entertainment is top notch - better than any we've seen. The meals service, food quality, and overall dining experience are just as good if not better than Carnival. We don't feel that anything is lost in the freestyle format. It is true that you have a different table and servers each night, but we don't mind that at all.

As far as your original question about which line to try - My opinion is that there are ships we like and don't like as well in each line. While we LOVE the EPIC, I could name a few NCL ships we don't care for. The freestyle concept is great for us, but some who are used to set dining times often don't want to make the switch.

We've been on 35+/- cruises. We are mid 40's. We love the EPIC and have our 3rd on it scheduled for November. The entertainment is top notch - better than any we've seen. The meals service, food quality, and overall dining experience are just as good if not better than Carnival. We don't feel that anything is lost in the freestyle format. It is true that you have a different table and servers each night, but we don't mind that at all.

As far as your original question about which line to try - My opinion is that there are ships we like and don't like as well in each line. While we LOVE the EPIC, I could name a few NCL ships we don't care for. The freestyle concept is great for us, but some who are used to set dining times often don't want to make the switch.

Two cruises on the Epic for us - and many other NCL Ships

The Main Dining Rooms are still very nice and entertaining.

As above, the only change is that you can dine anytime if you want instead of an assigned dinner time and table.

Large NCL Ship, or small, the MDR's are always very nice.

Back on the Epic soon, but first THE BREAKAWAY!

Archived