Ideas for Dinner in Skagway

Jewels-TruCruiseDiva

We will be in Skagway on Friday August 16th until 9pm. We were hoping to go out to eat in town after the steam engine tour which ends @4. I have been searching all over but the reviews are not that great for the few restaurants that even serve dinner. The best reviews I have found are for a restaurant that burned down and appears to still be closed. We have seafood and steak lovers in our group so any ideas would be helpful!

Just make sure you know what time the last shuttle to the ship is, or be prepared to walk back. When we went they stopped the shuttles at 5. They had to call them back out, I think they were surprised out how late everyone stayed in town.

I didn't know there was a shuttle. I am so surprised they stopped it so early we don't leave port until 9 so I figured dinner @5 would be fun. It doesn't look like there is much as far as restaurants though. We are doing the white pass steam train which picks us up right there at the pier maybe it makes the most sense to just got back on the ship. Thanks for the suggestions and information.

Skagway Fish Company

Red Onion Saloon

Skagway Brewing Company

The Skagway Fish Co. burned down, and the other two won't work for "seafood and steak lovers". For casual diners, the Brewing Co definitely has the best halibut and chips (and craft beer) in town now, which is which it's always packed.

Archived