Casablanca & Other Ports with a 3 Year Old

DamianG

Hi everyone

My wife and I are experienced cruisers and usually mostly do our own thing in port. However we have now adopted a 3 year old son and are taking him on his first cruise in October so we need to plan our days ashore with him in mind.

I'd therefore appreciate anyone's suggestions for things to do with him at the following ports:

Lisbon - we were thinking of catching a train to the seaside at Estoril.

Gibraltar - we've been here several times before & may just stay on the ship.

Malaga - we were thinking of heading to the beach.

Casablanca - a new port for us so we'd really like to get off the ship and do something but none of the excursions seem appropriate. Has anyone ever taken a day membership at a beach side resort hotel?

Cadiz - we know this port very well & will probably just take him to the beach.

La Coruna - another port we know quite well and again may just head for the beach.

All suggestions and advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Damian

A 3 year old in Gibraltar. Go up to St Michael's cave , which is great anyway, and see the monkeys. I think a youngster would love that. I did.

Thanks Simon, we did that years ago and enjoyed it too. We'll certainly consider it again.

Cheers

Damian

did Casablanca on Ventura last summer. Don't have a 3 year old, us adults went on a coach trip to Rabat which was amazing. however, we heard lots of people grumbling that they had walked around Casablanca and there was nothing to do. it's a very historical town with loads of interesting things to see but I personally wouldn't walk a 3 year old around it, they wouldn't be interested and its very busy on the roads.

A 3 year old in Gibraltar. Go up to St Michael's cave , which is great anyway, and see the monkeys. I think a youngster would love that. I did.

Agree, although we took a local bus to the beach and you still see monkeys, but yes for a 3 year old this would be perfect.

Archived