Water Activities

ALEXUS300

I would expect water sports once or twice a week--depending on the weather and where the cruise goes. When the deck is down it results in lots of activity--people like it a lot. Couple trips ago we took our daughter--she had a goal--to kayak around the ship twice--the water was a little choppy, but she made it--returned to lots of cheers! In the Caribbean you will have more opportunity for the water sports!

Are the water sports / activities and use of equipment included as part of your cruise ... or do they charge for these?

Also (being new to Seabourn) ... can someone shed some light on this "champagne and caviar in the surf" thing? Thanks.

Alexis300: you'd fit in fine...even though Seabourn does attract an older crowd, I've never seen younger people snubbed. Some of the more senior passengers gravitate toward their own, which one would expect. Overall, one can not beat a Seabourn experience.

Bigmjh: There is no charge at all for water activities nor equipment. I indulged when we were anchored off Virgin Gorda, BVI 4 yeras ago and it was a hoot. Speaking of Virgin Gorda, that's where I experienced "champagne & caviar" literally served off a surfboard in waist deep water by the maitre d' and two assistant waiters. There was also a beach barbeque, as well as other prepared goodies, served for lunch. Most anything one could ask for to drink was available. My wife & I are thinking about the holiday cruise this year on the Pride. Aside from getting away from cold weather, the Virgin Gorda party is something we really liked.

This is a signature event for Seabourn, and they do it wherever and whenever possible. It takes warm water, though--so look for it on Southeast Asia, South Pacific, Caribbean, and summer-season Med cruises. And now that they have added the Pearl Islands on Legend's Panama Canal cruises, they can do it there, too.

As noted above, it consists of a snazzy beach barbecue/buffet, and waiters serving caviar and champagne literally " in the surf."

bgood

Archived