Carnival Conquest July 28th - Best Carnival Cruise Ever?

hayesktrm

I did think of Autism. I have worked with children with Autism for 6 years and am usually very good at spotting it when others don't. He didn't seem like he had Autism. Also, most parents in this situation would let people affected by their behavior know so we could be more understanding. The dad wouldn't give any kind of reason, just blamed other people for reporting this bad behavior.

Also, I cannot imagine any of the parents of the kids in my classroom letting their child with Autism wander around by him or herself. It's just not safe.

I hope the parents now realize that their child needs to be parented.

We ran into some boys doing this. They were very polite and pushed our floors for us.

I also ran across 2 young boys (7-8??) Doing it also, one said it was the others job kind made me laugh

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

Next up was Harry Potter trivia. Our entire group attended this, but really DSGF was the only one that needed to go. She’s a HUGE HP geek and was really looking forward to this. One of my favorite parts of the cruise was when she questioned Cruise Director Cory on one of the questions. She said, “Excuse me, but 6 months ago J.K. Rowlings came out in an interview and …” Because of the interview the answer to the question had changed. Someone behind us said, “She’s right.” Another person said, “Thanks for ruining my childhood.” I still laugh when I think of her doing that. Anyway, she wasn’t the biggest HP geek on the cruise it turns out. She got 23 out of 25 questions right. She had fun playing, though.

I love this story! I wish they had had HP trivia when we were on the Conquest! Maybe they will have it on our Sunshine cruise because my 17 year-old son is a big HP geek too - he re-reads the books every summer. :)

I love this story! I wish they had had HP trivia when we were on the Conquest! Maybe they will have it on our Sunshine cruise because my 17 year-old son is a big HP geek too - he re-reads the books every summer. :)

I think the questions she got wrong was HP's address (we couldn't remember the number of Privet Drive) and his vault number at Gringots. I guess there is a trivia book Cory got the questions from...have him study that :).

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us. I enjoyed your review. I will be on Conquest in a few weeks. Your experience with Trevor reminds me of Bill Cosby's "Himself" comedy show about Jeffrey, another ill-behaved child that Cosby encountered on an airplane trip. I'm sure you will be able to identify.

We did that ziplining last time we were in Roatan. It was more exciting, but this course was easier.

I was really happy we chose Victor Bodden. We felt safe and it was nice to have someone who knew where they were going.

disneynutt966, what an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. Forgive me for my ignorance but I would like more details on the meet and greet. I'm fairly new to site and I think it's awesome you can interact with fellow cruisers. Thanks in advance & happy cruising...

Ahoy! We sail the Conquest on 8/18/13. Thank you for sharing your cruise. I enjoyed reading it. Going to New Orleans today. That is why I am up at 5:25am. I am catching a flight out and I am ready to go! Your review was the perfect thing to get me in the mood

disneynutt966, what an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. Forgive me for my ignorance but I would like more details on the meet and greet. I'm fairly new to site and I think it's awesome you can interact with fellow cruisers. Thanks in advance & happy cruising...

On this site, you can go to forums, then roll call, then the cruise line, then the ship you are going on. Look for your cruise date and there is probably a roll call set up. You can talk to your fellow cruisers there. This is great for talking about excursions, pre-cruise, etc. Also, often someone suggests a meet and greet for after you board. It's a nice chance to get to know new people.

Have a great cruise!! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ahoy! We sail the Conquest on 8/18/13. Thank you for sharing your cruise. I enjoyed reading it. Going to New Orleans today. That is why I am up at 5:25am. I am catching a flight out and I am ready to go! Your review was the perfect thing to get me in the mood

I'm so jealous!! I'm glad this got you in the mood. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I hope the weather is okay...I saw a bunch of rain there. Regardless, you'll have fun. It rained a bit pre-cruise, but we still had a great time!

On this site, you can go to forums, then roll call, then the cruise line, then the ship you are going on. Look for your cruise date and there is probably a roll call set up. You can talk to your fellow cruisers there. This is great for talking about excursions, pre-cruise, etc. Also, often someone suggests a meet and greet for after you board. It's a nice chance to get to know new people.

Thanks for response. I will surely check this out. Sounds very interesting... This will be our 3x on Conquest but 1x since 2.0 upgrade. Really excited. Thanx again

Has Carnival done anything about the chair hogs on the Conquest? My last cruise was on her and we could not find any chairs the entire week.

I'm not sure, but I don't think they have. I didn't see any tags on chairs or notices on the screen, however, I really wasn't by the pool much. I laid out in the sun twice and I went to the non-smoking side of deck 10. I was right across from the shower so when I got hot, I'd jump in for a quick shower :-).

Has Carnival done anything about the chair hogs on the Conquest? My last cruise was on her and we could not find any chairs the entire week.

When we were on Conquest in May, I didn't see any chair stickers or the policy being enforced at all. People were up early saving chairs and it was almost impossible to find a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to disneynut1966 to getting a newbie (me) on the right track. I'm finally understanding this site now. It's loads and loads of great people and info !!!!!!!!! Happy cruising and God bless <><

Carnival Conquest 2.0 11/9/2013

Carnival Elation 3/28/2013

Carnival Conquest 7/29/2012

Carnival Conquest 11/20/2011

Carnival Triumph 11/8/2010

Carnival Fantasy 11/12/2007 Where it all started :) Married on Fantasy in Port of N.O. then honeymoon

Thanks to disneynut1966 to getting a newbie (me) on the right track. I'm finally understanding this site now. It's loads and loads of great people and info !!!!!!!!! Happy cruising and God bless <><

What a nice message to receive! Thank you for being so kind!

Carnival Conquest 2.0 11/9/2013

Carnival Elation 3/28/2013

Carnival Conquest 7/29/2012

Carnival Conquest 11/20/2011

Carnival Triumph 11/8/2010

Carnival Fantasy 11/12/2007 Where it all started :) Married on Fantasy in Port of N.O. then honeymoon

Archived