left over currency

If any of you that are recently back have found that you have left over money from the various ports, I would be happy to buy it from you. It could work for both of us you could get rid of it and I wouldn't have to worry about exchanging. If your interested e-mail me at lottochic1@aol.com.

Cecilia - if this is something I can't post my apologizies.

Most people don't have much left if they manage their exchanging well. We just came back from Scandinavia/Baltic on Celebrity and the bank on board will only buy back your foreign notes - won't take coins. We probably had about $20 in coins from Denmark, Sweden and Norway. We just asked our stateroom attendant if she usually went ashore and if they would be useful to her, and gave them to her. I imagine if everyone did that on top of their regualr tips it might work out quite well over the course of their contracts.

Many major airports know tourists have left over coins and have places where you can drop in all your change and it goes to some well known charity (e.g. UNICEF). :) :)
Some airlines do this as well. The airline scheme for UNICEF is called Change for Good. They'll happily take folding money as well, though. When BA joined Change for Good, they were expecting to see only coins, and were quite amazed sometimes to find quite large notes inside the envelopes.

Archived