Car Rental in Tortola

p0mpey

We will be in Tortola 7 to 2:30 in September. We have done week long land vacations before and rented a car. However we rented from the airport and it always took forever to pick up the car. As we have such a short time on shore this time we want to get off, pick up a car and get going so that we can show the island to my sister and her hubby plus get some beach time.

I have contacted ITGO and they do not open until 8:30. Anyone have any recommendations for another car rental place within walking distance of the ship. I see some of them open at 8 but would love to hear if anyone has had good/bad experiences. I hate that we spend so little time in Tortola and just don't want to waste any of that precious time.

Thanks! Pat.

Hi Pat, I understand your concern about wasting precious time, Tortola is gorgeous and any time wasted is not good! Great idea on renting the car so you can see the areas you want to re-visit.

Sorry I can't help with rental reviews because we always rent from Jerry's when we ferry into West End. I can tell you that De De's, Del's (in CGB) and Jerry's have consistently good reviews but I don't know if any will meet you in Road Town that early.

Maybe try e-mailing DeDe at dedescarrental@surfbvi.com and Jerry at

jerryhamm963@hotmail.com, jerrys@surfbvi.com

Have a great day on our favorite island! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Water,

Thanks for your reply. I have contacted Deadman and he says that he can meet us at the port. I am awaiting further information from him and so I am hoping that he comes through for us. If not I guess we will go with ITGO as they are at least in walking distance. I will let you know how we fare. Thanks again. Look forward to a few hours at Smugglers and Brewers Bay.

Archived