Family friendly O/N pre-cruise in Miami?

cbsmama

We are going to be flying into Miami early the day before our cruise. I'm looking for a good area to stay in that we won't have to take ground transportation to get to stuff. Hopefully a beach front hotel, so we can spend the day on the beach, and then walk somewhere for dinner that is hopefully local and a good spot for kiddos.

Does this exist? I've never been to Miami before, so I really have no idea what the different areas are like. I know we could stay in FLL, but I'm hoping to be a little closer to POM the day we leave on our cruise.

TIA!

If you stay near Bayside Marketplace, you will be within walking distance of that outdoor mall, with shops, restaurants, bars.......

There is a Holiday Inn across the street and a more upscale Intercontinental next to Bayside.....it's a short cab ride to port....port is visible from those hotels. There are other hotels in that same area, but I can't remember the names! Check on Hotels.com.....it's a good site to see what's available and how far apart they are.....but don't book through them....call the hotel directly.

Archived