Itinerary advice - how to do it all???

cascole

We will be visiting on the Breakaway mid-Sept for our honeymoon & have 3 days to explore.

Right now we have a Boston Whaler booked from 10am-1pm on Day 1 in Somerset & a dive for him/Horseshoe for me on Day 2 from 8:20am-~noon. I was thinking Day 3 we would try to find Sea Glass Beach, explore the dockyard & maybe go to Snorkel Park in order to stay a bit closer to the ship.

On Day 1 &/or 2 I'd like to visit St. George, stop by Swizzle Inn & perhaps see Hamilton as well - though being a major town it's not as high on our priority list.

Based on our existing plans for boat rental & dive - what's the best day/logistical way to do this?

This is how I understand your current plans:

• Day 1 - Boston Whaler booked from 10am-1pm; rest of the day open?
  • Day 2 - dive for him/Horseshoe Bay for me from 8:20am-~noon; rest of the day open?
  • Day 3 – go to Sea Glass Beach, explore the Dockyard & maybe go to Snorkel Park.

Since you'll be together on Day 1, I would suggest going to St George on the 2:00pm ferry. This will be cutting it close since you'll have to get to the Dockyard ferry dock from Somerset before 2pm. I would buy snacks to carry with you until you eat lunch in SG. Since you'll be somewhat close to the Swzzle Inn, take a bus (or taxi) from SG to the original Swizzle Inn, and from there take the bus (or taxi) to Hamilton for the ferry ride back to the Dockyard.

For Day 2, where will you be meeting up? If you do Day 1 as suggested, you may feel there is no need to visit Hamilton on Day 2. If you still want to see Hsmilton, just take the ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton. Since the Dockyard <> Hamilton ferry runs frequently, there is no problem with schedule constraints.

For Day 3, the new owners of the sea glass beach have posted it that you can not remove sea glass. While you are there, you may want to visit Black Bay Beach which is near the sea glass beach.

You could easily switch Day 1 and Day 2. Since the original SI is closer to SG then wherever else you will be, do the SI visit whenever you visit SG.

If on Day 1, you find yourself unable to make the 2:00PM ferry, that automatically switch your Day 1 and Day 2 plans.

SBtS

We will be visiting on the Breakaway mid-Sept for our honeymoon & have 3 days to explore.

Right now we have a Boston Whaler booked from 10am-1pm on Day 1 in Somerset & a dive for him/Horseshoe for me on Day 2 from 8:20am-~noon. I was thinking Day 3 we would try to find Sea Glass Beach, explore the dockyard & maybe go to Snorkel Park in order to stay a bit closer to the ship.

On Day 1 &/or 2 I'd like to visit St. George, stop by Swizzle Inn & perhaps see Hamilton as well - though being a major town it's not as high on our priority list.

Based on our existing plans for boat rental & dive - what's the best day/logistical way to do this?

If I were you I would take advantage of the full day in Bermuda on day three. You look like a very experienced cruiser, and eveny time you go to a new port you get off the ship 9 am and have to be back for sailway at 5. I'm sure you have never missed the ship in 29 cruises...so I'm sure you are not going to start now.

You should have until 5 pm to be back, or whatever it is for your ship. If I were you I'd take a bus out to Horseshoe or Elbow beach together on Day three and head back around 2:30pm..... Dock yard can be looked at after your boat rental on day one or the afternoon day two....

To me depriving yourself of day three makes no sense...snorkle park is a joke, unless you are disabled or have really little babies with you. Sea glass beach was something you could spend ten minutes at.....and you are not supposed to take the glass.

Excellent feedback, thanks! Itsvhard to distinguish how far things are or how long they truly take to explore. If not terribly far we'll definitely take advantage of day 3!

When my dh is diving, he'll be leaving pretty close to where I'll be beaching it so ill meet him when his boat gets back & we should be able to head out from there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent feedback, thanks! Itsvhard to distinguish how far things are or how long they truly take to explore. If not terribly far we'll definitely take advantage of day 3!

When my dh is diving, he'll be leaving pretty close to where I'll be beaching it so ill meet him when his boat gets back & we should be able to head out from there.

Just remember, you can not wear bathing suits, wet or dry, on public transportation. Bathing suits must be covered.

If you are meeting up near Horseshoe Bay, then you should take the bus (route #7 inbound) to Hamilton, and have lunch at the Hog Penny Pub just off Front St in Hamilton.

Things to do in Hamilton: tour BUEI, walk Fort Hamilton, shopping

SBtS

Just remember, you can not wear bathing suits, wet or dry, on public transportation. Bathing suits must be covered.

If you are meeting up near Horseshoe Bay, then you should take the bus (route #7 inbound) to Hamilton, and have lunch at the Hog Penny Pub just off Front St in Hamilton.

Things to do in Hamilton: tour BUEI, walk Fort Hamilton, shopping

SBtS

Thanks! Good to know about swim suits. The dive operation is at the Fairmount Southampton so I'll make sure they have changing facilities.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Archived