S suite amenities & crib questions

wcolucci

Just checked the Sig of Excellence portion of HALs website...

Did they do away w/ the concierge, Neptune and my all time fave "free laundry" on S cabins....the laundry is a big thing w/ me as I have to work out every day to try to lose the 25 lbs I've put on due to 2 cruises in the past 18 months...so I like to pack light now that we have to haul stroller, crib etc etc...I enjoyed the expresso machine especially

Are we allowed to bring on a crib and stroller??? oyyyy

Don't know where you got the idea that they had done away with the Neptune, concierge or free laundry in the S Suites - but it's still there :D

HAL will supply a crib, but not a stroller. I have seen many people with the "umbrella" type strollers which are easier to carry and transport.

Phone Ship's Services 1-800-541-1576 to see what they will supply for the baby so that you won't have to cart it from home. They do supply, milk, baby food and diapers, but I believe there is a charge.

The SOE amenities are additions to the wonderful amenities HAL already has on their ships. Wait until you sleep in one of the beds - you'll be running out to buy one. :D

No worry; there is still the Neptune, Concierge, all the coffees and treats and laundry is included! The amenities you remember are still around.

I know you can bring on a stroller as I have seen them- do you have a small travel one? That would be a lot lighter to carry. I'm sure you can bring a pack-n-play, but I would check with Ships Services to see if the ships provide portable cribs like a hotel does. I would think so and you could reserve one.

Edit: You were posting as I was typing, Esme. I hate when posters duplicate, but this was by accident. :D

Like the others, I also don't know where you got the idea that HAL ships no longer had the Neptune Lounge or concierge service for suite passengers.

Over the last 2 years all HAL ships have added the Neptune Lounge to those ships that didn't have thme when the ships were built.

HAL now has the neptune lounge on all of its ships. All of the other great amenities are also still there for the S suites.:D

You will really enjoy your cruise!

Does Zaandam have her Neptune Lounge yet? She was to be the last to have hers built and I think it has been built but I'm not sure.....anyone know for sure when/if Zaandam got her Neptune Lounge?

Zaandam got her Neptune when she went into drydock in the Bahamas right after we got off in january.

I think I've even seen some posts about it on this board. She was due for all her SOE additions including the Explorations Cafe in time for her to sail again in February.

GN

Zaandam got her Neptune when she went into drydock in the Bahamas right after we got off in january.

I think I've even seen some posts about it on this board. She was due for all her SOE additions including the Explorations Cafe in time for her to sail again in February.

GN

Aha....Thanks, GN. I had lost track.

I'm on the Zuiderdam in an S cabin and wanted to know if they ALL have DVD players in the cabins. I hate fishing through the television on-board for something to watch and thought I would bring a few movies along.

I can't speak for ALL S suites on the Zui but the one we were in definitely had a DVD player. The Neptune Lounge had a pretty good selection of moves to select from. Enjoy your S - we certainly did!

Also, ask the concierge to arrange for an afternoon high tea in your suite - it was awesome!:)

Tea is available in the Neptune lounge and is small sandwiches and sweets. If you happen to be in an aft suite as we were, you can put in a standing order with room service for it to be delivered to your room. The same applies to hot and/or cold appetizers to have at cocktail time. Just tell room service how many will be in your room as they brought the two of us enough to feed an army the first day! I arranged this through the hostess in the Neptune Lounge. We brought drinks down from the bar and really enjoyed our cocktail time on the aft balcony.

We asked the concierge to coordinate Afternoon High Tea for delivery to our suite. Even though it was just DH and I, 3 platters to serve 4 were delivered including the following: finger sandwiches (cucumber, etc), canapes with salmon&capers, shrimp, etc., and the desserts (oh my - the desserts)! Two types of chocolate-covered strawberries (white and dark chocolate), mini-eclairs, cream puffs, and other assorted goodies. Also included was a pot of hot water and a selection of teas. Lucky for us - friends dropped in while we were feasting and shared the wealth with us..................

If I recall correctly, high tea is served in the Vista Dining Room on at least one day also.

We learned from these boards that afternoon high tea could be delivered to our suite and it was just super! Try it - I know you'll like it. If I recall correctly, the concierge requested we give them 24 hours notice to coordinate the tea.

IMHO - the concierge staff in the Neptune set the gold standard for concierge service on other lines - they truly want your experience to be the best it can be.

You know, we always feel that there is so much to eat on the ships, why would you want this afternoon tea, but this sounds so nice to have this on your balcony.

I can't answer for anyone else, but we have had the tea. We skipped lunch. :)

Suz 1607

You mentioned if you are in an Aft S Cabin they will bring you the tea on a regular basis. Why is this just on the Aft cabins?

Because the aft Suites are a distance from the Neptune Lounge on the Vista Class ships, they may not have wished to walk to the Neptune Lounge to select what they wanted and then bring it back to their Suite. Room Service was simply more convenient for them.

All "S" and "PS" guests can order tea but those whose cabin is near the Neptune usually simply go and select what they want and either have it in the lounge or return to their cabins with it.

The comp. laundry service for the S cabins, is that for Both laundry and dry cleanig?

Yes, it is and that is one of the really great amenities of an S suite.

Rather than have laundry accumulate we send it out very often, so we always have everything clean that we might like to wear again. The pressing/dry cleaning is also terrific, though I do bring Downy Wrinkle-Free with me anyway for a quick touchup if needed, especially when we first board.

They advise giving it to your room steward by 9 AM and you will have it back the next day. Your steward will take of everything for you. We leave it in the laundry bag with laundry list inside and leave it on the bed. We have on occasion gotten it back late the same day, but if you had an emergency I would speak with the steward and not assume you would have it the same day.

The service is wonderful. Everything is either on hangers or ironed and folded in tissue. The only problem is re-training DH that he is not going to get his underwear ironed at home! :D

Archived