what to pack????

solorizor

I'm heading on a solo translatlantic cruise with MSC ORCHESTRA. My problem is choosing what clothes to pack as I am travelling from Genoa in october but finishing in brazil> so confused as to what to pack? any suggestions??????:eek:

You are going to experience a lot of temperature changes.

You'll need a couple of outfits for all the temperature changes. Maybe 3 different outfits will do.

Medium to light weight slacks will work for day time and evening for many of your nights -- black. One black skirt with several different tops will work for evening.

Remember you are not going to run into the same people so don't worry about taking a ton of clothes.

You will need a light weight jacket -- 1 sweater.

I take only 1 pair of basic black shoes for evening.

We do send out laundry -- thus fewer clothes.

I'd 1st review the FAQ wardrobe guidelines for your cruise line if you don't already know them.

Then I'd check the weather channel for typical weather patterns in both regions at that time of year.

Finally, I'd pack things that can be worn in layers; that's what I do when we sail R/T from NYC to the Carribbean in winter. I'd pack at least one comfy lounge outfit / nice sweats; you will see a lot of that look on cool sea days.

You are going to experience a lot of temperature changes.

You'll need a couple of outfits for all the temperature changes. Maybe 3 different outfits will do.

Medium to light weight slacks will work for day time and evening for many of your nights -- black. One black skirt with several different tops will work for evening.

Remember you are not going to run into the same people so don't worry about taking a ton of clothes.

You will need a light weight jacket -- 1 sweater.

I take only 1 pair of basic black shoes for evening.

We do send out laundry -- thus fewer clothes.

Thank you I'm only allowed 20 kg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you I'm only allowed 20 kg

I'm not very good at dressing up fancy so I'm probably just going to bring some nice dressy trousers and wear some dressy tops mix and match. But with the weather changing I worry I'm not going to bring enough for day trips!!

You should choose a color scheme and then pick your items for mix and match and do bring a sweater or jacket.

P.S. No one cares what you are wearing. They are more concerned about what they are wearing.

Hope so I just want a total chill zone for he whole journey! But as my mum would say if they are looking or talking bout me they are leavin someone else alone ; )

Archived