REVIEW: Carnival Dream, April 27, 2013, Exotic Western Caribbean Itinerary

sweetcurves

Thanks for sharing! We're doing the Dream in October, same intinieary, and can not wait 65 days to go!

May I ask re: Chankannab park - was it really that bad? We'd planned to visit in Cozumel (we aren't the type to spend all day on the beach we don't need the tan lol) because we didn't find too much else that interested us.

Looking forward to reading more!

Great review and pictures. Haven't seen you since you were following along my live Freedom trip report. Looks like y'all had a great time, course your on a cruise. Of course it's a good time. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Thanks for sharing! We're doing the Dream in October, same intinieary, and can not wait 65 days to go!

May I ask re: Chankannab park - was it really that bad? We'd planned to visit in Cozumel (we aren't the type to spend all day on the beach we don't need the tan lol) because we didn't find too much else that interested us.

We went to Chankannab on the Inspiration ( review below ) and we loved it. We actually booked the dolphin swim through the park itself and it was two people for $100...awesome deal! We swam there in the pools and saw the free seal lion show ( then after you get to meet the sea lion and get a kiss from it lol). It was great!

Chankanaab is not bad at all. It's a big park once you figure out how far it goes. There's lots of space but not a lot of it is shaded. I get hot VERY fast so I only complained because the only place I wanted to cool off was packed with very young school children. I mean there was not one corner of the pool that wasn't packed with kids. But we probably could have gone over to the other side of the park and found some chairs near the beach...we just wouldn't have had any shade. And I needed the shade. I was not prepared for how intense the heat and sun are in Mexico. Plus we got there WAY too early.

• 1 year later...
Thank you so much I have this cabin in October on the Dream and it is the ONLY actual photos out there! I also love the pics of the Lobby and Aft pool.

Very much appreciated :)

Donna

The cabin size was wonderful but the thrusters/engines/anchor (whatever it is that's crazy loud at 6 am) can be annoying. If you're an early riser, it won't bother you. I am NOT an early riser. LOL

I wouldn't choose the cabin again unless I got a great deal. A regular oceanview has a sofa and coffee table and a bit more desk space (at least that's how I remember it). We did use the windows as storage space though. It was nice to basically have two extra shelves? to put our stuff on. And I did like that the bathroom wasn't near the front door so there was no interference there.

For our trip this December, we got a cabin all the way forward with a window that looks out onto an observation deck. So we paid inside cabin prices (and got a $100 cabin credit) but still have a window. My understanding is that the doors to the observation deck are locked at night so at least we don't have to deal with noisy people at night. I've never been that high up on a ship before either. Always been on Riviera deck. This time we are on Empress. Cabin 7201.

Thanks for reading my review and I hope you enjoy your time on Dream! :)

• 1 month later...
The cabin size was wonderful but the thrusters/engines/anchor (whatever it is that's crazy loud at 6 am) can be annoying. If you're an early riser, it won't bother you. I am NOT an early riser. LOL

We have this room booked on our next two cruises, once on the Breeze and again on the Dream. Love the size of the room! I realize there will be some vibration from the engines but I assume the noises you are talking about only happen on port days, correct? :confused: