Has Has Anyone Done a Timeshare Exchange For a Cruise?

I'm in the middle of transferring my Breakaway S6 resv for next May from a big box store, (best price I could find and included $50 OBC), to my timeshare's travel agency for my two bedroom Orlando condo. I won't get NCL's $300 OBC, or the additional $50 OBC from the agency, but I'll still net a savings of about $1200. :eek:

My DH is very nervous as this timeshare corp. has had bad press lately. (With good reason). But the travel agent was very helpful today, so.....

I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and how it went. :confused:

Thanks!

(I should add- I did this a few years ago for a POA cruise and everything was fine.)

We have done this two times, including for our upcoming cruise on the Getaway. From my research, the more expensive the room you book, the better savings you are getting by trading the timeshare. We saved over $2700 per cabin on the Getaway cruise using only a lockoff/studio timeshare as a trade. Pretty good deal!

Score! Well done, Michelle. :D I'm trading our 2 Bd lock off and keeping the 1 Bd in case we have time for Las Vegas (drive in) at some point. I just hope the timeshare doesn't go bankrupt before our cruise. ;)

I think trading a timeshare for a cruise is awesome because we rarely even use our timeshare due to airfares being so high and all of the properties are so far away from the airports. Great to finally get some value out of it!

Thanks for your reply! :)

Score! Well done, Michelle. :D I'm trading our 2 Bd lock off and keeping the 1 Bd in case we have time for Las Vegas (drive in) at some point. I just hope the timeshare doesn't go bankrupt before our cruise. ;)

I think trading a timeshare for a cruise is awesome because we rarely even use our timeshare due to airfares being so high and all of the properties are so far away from the airports. Great to finally get some value out of it!

Thanks for your reply! :)

Glad you are getting value! We actually love our timeshares and do use them a lot, but sometimes it is nice to take a cruise for a change! :). I'm actually heading to one of our timeshares in Cancun on August 24! :). Can't wait!

I'm in the middle of transferring my Breakaway S6 resv for next May from a big box store, (best price I could find and included $50 OBC), to my timeshare's travel agency for my two bedroom Orlando condo. I won't get NCL's $300 OBC, or the additional $50 OBC from the agency, but I'll still net a savings of about $1200. :eek:

My DH is very nervous as this timeshare corp. has had bad press lately. (With good reason). But the travel agent was very helpful today, so.....

I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and how it went. :confused:

Thanks!

(I should add- I did this a few years ago for a POA cruise and everything was fine.)

If you're nervous why not pay it off? Once it is paid and the reservation confirmed you are done. Great savings BTW. We only saved $300 the one time we did this and by the time of the cruise the price had dropped that much. As a newbie I did not know if I could call RCI timeshare to see about a price adjustment.

I am so glad to see this thread, I've been waivering on using one of our timeshares in exchange for a cruise. We always use our timeshares, but occasionaly a studio lockoff gets forgotten. We can trade them for points which we can use for a cruise and book directly through our timeshare company (Marriott) or deposit and exchange through Interval. So far in my research I've found that going through Marriott gives us the best exchange rate, RCI the worst, Interval is ok.

Maja651, what category cabin did you get $2700 off on?, the best offer I got was a savings $1961.60 on a penthouse for a 10 day on the Pearl in Alaska.

I for one would love to hear more timeshare exchange experiences.

Does anyone know if you can use banked weeks in RCI or Interval to book a cruise for a guest?

My aunt has a ton of weeks banked with RCI (she combined them and now has 63 TPU's banked). She also has weeks banked with Interval that are going to expire and she's not going to extend them again.

I was hoping there was some way to be able to use her weeks to sail on the Dawn in October and not let anything go to waste.

Does anyone know if you can use banked weeks in RCI or Interval to book a cruise for a guest?

My aunt has a ton of weeks banked with RCI (she combined them and now has 63 TPU's banked). She also has weeks banked with Interval that are going to expire and she's not going to extend them again.

I was hoping there was some way to be able to use her weeks to sail on the Dawn in October and not let anything go to waste.

Let your aunt know that time share weeks make great gifts to friends and family. We've given ours before.

I am so glad to see this thread, I've been waivering on using one of our timeshares in exchange for a cruise. We always use our timeshares, but occasionaly a studio lockoff gets forgotten. We can trade them for points which we can use for a cruise and book directly through our timeshare company (Marriott) or deposit and exchange through Interval. So far in my research I've found that going through Marriott gives us the best exchange rate, RCI the worst, Interval is ok.

Maja651, what category cabin did you get $2700 off on?, the best offer I got was a savings $1961.60 on a penthouse for a 10 day on the Pearl in Alaska.

I for one would love to hear more timeshare exchange experiences.

The $2700 off was per cabin for a trade of a lockoff per cabin in Interval (total 2 lockoffs) for a 2 bedroom suite on the Getaway. That is he net savings. I took into account the trade fee II charges, and the fee to upgrade to gold.

For the person asking, i do not think you can trade banked units for cruises. In II, you also have to be a gold member to trade for cruises.

You can use banked RCI weeks. That was what we used because it was about to expire but for a balcony like we booked it was only $300.

Archived