Renaissance vs. Courtyard in Ft Lauderdale

vamom2003

Hello all..

I have Marriott Rewards points that I would like to use for our pre-cruise night at Ft Lauderdale. From what I read on their web sites, neither of these hotels has free airport or cruise port shuttles..

I’m sure some CC folks have stayed in these.. Which one is better for our pre-cruise stay..

Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel

or

Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Beach

Some extra info: We arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 8pm. We are traveling with our two children, 10 and 7 yrs old.

Thanks!

I've been to both for events but haven't stayed overnight. Ren is more like a fine business hotel. It is much newer than Courtyard but still about 20 yrs old. Courtyard isn't as refined and is more geared towards beachfront fun, with an interesting pool deck and Bubba Gumps attached. Your kids would probably enjoy it more and could go on the beach in the morning if there is time.

Hello all..

I have Marriott Rewards points that I would like to use for our pre-cruise night at Ft Lauderdale. From what I read on their web sites, neither of these hotels has free airport or cruise port shuttles..

I’m sure some CC folks have stayed in these.. Which one is better for our pre-cruise stay..

Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel

or

Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Beach

Some extra info: We arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 8pm. We are traveling with our two children, 10 and 7 yrs old.

Thanks!

If both hotels are in the same awards point category I would choose the Renaissance. There is nothing wrong with the Courtyard (I have stayed there 3 times) but I suggest the Renaissance for the fact you get into FLL late, it is closer to the airport and is right across the street from the Eisenhower Blvd. entrace to the port. If you were arriving earlier where you could enjoy the beach I would go for the Courtyard. Have fun choosing! :)

Stayed in both. Both are fine. Courtyard is in a much better location where you'll actually feel like you're in Florida and at the beach. However, you are there for such a short time I don't know that it matters. Rennaisance is more convenient for stores such as Walgreens, Publix, Total wine, if this matters to you.

Archived