Cancelling a cruise and applying payment to another

jcearth

So we had booked a 5 day cruise for February (Fascination) under the Fall and Winter Sale (with a 50% deposit), but the friends that we were planning on going with have backed out, and I would now like to cancel and book an 8 day cruise for next September (Liberty). Since we have a cruise coming up in 5 weeks (YES!!!), I was wondering if this was a possible transaction for onboard (We are going on the Dream and they do have a future cruise desk) so that we can receive the $100 OBC (and get the two FCC's for our family members who will also be going), or is this just something way beyond the scope of what the future cruise desk can handle. If they can't, is it possible to cancel the Feb cruise prior to our sailing next month, have Carnival hold off on refunding us the money, and booking onboard using the money that we have already paid, or again, is this something that the future cruise desk would have a problem accomplishing. My reasoning for not wanting to get the refunds for all my payments is that I don't know how long it will take to get refunded, and also I have made payments from multiple cards, and it would be a nightmare trying to track it all down. The down payment for the Liberty cruise next Sept is $1500 (5 people times $300 per person), which I should have paid by the beginning of next month. I am trying to avoid a huge hassle onboard, but it is worth $300 (our OBC plus we have two other groups ready to book). I was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share in this area. Thanks!!

I don't think that the future cruise desk will be able to handle this for you. You should be able to cancel the cruise and have them hold the money, but you might only be able to get it back in the form of an OBC rather than payment against a future cruise.

I would just call Carnival and ask what your options are.

So we had booked a 5 day cruise for February (Fascination) under the Fall and Winter Sale (with a 50% deposit), but the friends that we were planning on going with have backed out, and I would now like to cancel and book an 8 day cruise for next September (Liberty). Since we have a cruise coming up in 5 weeks (YES!!!), I was wondering if this was a possible transaction for onboard (We are going on the Dream and they do have a future cruise desk) so that we can receive the $100 OBC (and get the two FCC's for our family members who will also be going), or is this just something way beyond the scope of what the future cruise desk can handle. If they can't, is it possible to cancel the Feb cruise prior to our sailing next month, have Carnival hold off on refunding us the money, and booking onboard using the money that we have already paid, or again, is this something that the future cruise desk would have a problem accomplishing. My reasoning for not wanting to get the refunds for all my payments is that I don't know how long it will take to get refunded, and also I have made payments from multiple cards, and it would be a nightmare trying to track it all down. The down payment for the Liberty cruise next Sept is $1500 (5 people times $300 per person), which I should have paid by the beginning of next month. I am trying to avoid a huge hassle onboard, but it is worth $300 (our OBC plus we have two other groups ready to book). I was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share in this area. Thanks!!

The only way that I have seen Carnival let you use the funds from a canceled cruise be applied as the deposit is if you book the new cruise on the same phone call that you are canceling the cruise.

Bill

Don't muddy the water, just cancel the cruise now. They will refund your money within 4-5 days usually. Anything that may confuse a Carnival rep should be avoided :D . Booking your cruise for next year while onboard for this year's cruise is a very good idea to get the 100 dollar OBC! In the future you may want to handle payments from one card. Why needlessly make things tough if you have to cancel?

Archived