Balance showing due on book/modify!

ohyes!

We are paid in full for our cruise on July 30, but when I tried the book/modify method today to see if a room was assigned (it wasn't), it shows we now owe $248.00. The prices have gone up. We have a receipt from the TA showing we are paid in full.

Are we okay or do I need to make a phone call to the TA?

Also, on the back of our sign & sail card there is a "U2" at the end of our booking #. Could that be our cabin???

Thanks very mcuh.

We are paid in full for our cruise on July 30, but when I tried the book/modify method today to see if a room was assigned (it wasn't), it shows we now owe $248.00. The prices have gone up. We have a receipt from the TA showing we are paid in full.

Are we okay or do I need to make a phone call to the TA?

Thanks very mcuh.

Unless you booked with Carnival that balance due is meaningless. Thats the price Carnival charged for the cruise. They have no way of knowing if your TA discounted and how much. That's the reason you had to go through the backdoor to get to the book/modify page. It intended use is for those that booked with Carnival directly.

You should always call your TA if you feel there is any problem whatsoever. Make them earn that commission :)

Click to open the book modify. Then click to sign into your Profile at carnival. Come back to this page and click the book modify. Make sure you do NOT close any windows while doing this. You'll have 3 windows open then....

Did you pay the TA by check? If so, the TA sends Carnival the net amount and hold back their commission (this is allowable) so they do not have to wait for a commission. Your reservation will still show that $$ is owed but only on paper (or hyperspace).

We used a debit card to pay Carnival through the TA. This amount still due just started showing up yesterday--I check the book/modify daily looking for that room #. And, it looks like the prices just went up yesterday, also...so I am guessing those two things are connected.

I didn't want to call the TA if you guys assured me this was nothing to worry about. He is a really nice guy, but doesn't seem to know a lot about cruises; we would use somebody else for future cruises.

Yes, we booked an inside guarantee. So "U2" could be our room??

Archived