Sunshine Review (Grand Scenic Ocean View)

gospelle

Were they on the same sailing? Maybe Sargent wasn't on that part of the ship then. The buckets are quite tacky, but I would still book the sunshine for summer 2014. I would think these leaks would be cleared up by then. And why so many? Did the Destiny leak like this?:eek:

No buckets on my cruise.

Destiny was always a little leaky.

No buckets on my cruise.

Destiny was always a little leaky.

There was a time I really enjoyed what you had to say, your reviews as well as your webpage. Now, you have become just the opposite of those you call haters.

The Sunshine is having issues, as well as Carnival as a whole. No, it is not going to go belly up, it is still the best cruise line for the price, but you have to remove all blinders as well as any rose colored glasses and admit, even Carnival and their ships will have issues, will not have perfect cruises.

I look forward to sailing the Sunshine, just as I always look forward to a cruise, I also look forward to a better and brighter Carnival future. I, however, am not blinded by loyalty and realize that it will take work, restructuring and even some harsh changes before Carnival will return to those core products and services that made them a great, instead of just a good value for your dollar.

Were they on the same sailing? Maybe Sargent wasn't on that part of the ship then. The buckets are quite tacky, but I would still book the sunshine for summer 2014. I would think these leaks would be cleared up by then. And why so many? Did the Destiny leak like this?:eek:

No, Sargent was on the first sailing as I recall, mine was a couple months later (July/Aug).

They were working on them during port stays when passengers on board were limited, so I would imagine it will be fixed eventually.

leak7.jpg

(this was taken either when we stayed onboard during Civitavecchia port of call or the morning of departure. I can't remember which.)

I can't even begin to guess why there were so many and in so many different places. Perhaps Dry Dock Dave's suggestions of sabotage in Trieste are accurate. The locations were so varied I can't possibly imagine a single source.

If you saw them would you have posted pictures?

Only if they were filled with soup.

No, Sargent was on the first sailing as I recall, mine was a couple months later (July/Aug).

If memory processes, he was on the first and it was cancelled. He was then in the second. The actual first had some interesting pictures of missing walls, construction, exposed wires, closed pools and waterworks, and a whole bunch of other rivitting information.

They were working on them during port stays when passengers on board were limited, so I would imagine it will be fixed eventually.

I can't even begin to guess why there were so many and in so many different places. Perhaps Dry Dock Dave's suggestions of sabotage in Trieste are accurate. The locations were so varied I can't possibly imagine a single source.

Well if he was on the first sailing and buckets were everywhere calls in question his objectivity doesnt it.

We had confirmation of what dry dock dave said from numerous sources so I believe what Dave has told us.

Based on conversation of OP with guy who came to try and fix his AC is just added confirmation of problem on first cruise.

Well if he was on the first sailing and buckets were everywhere calls in question his objectivity doesnt it.

We had confirmation of what dry dock dave said from numerous sources so I believe what Dave has told us.

Based on conversation of OP with guy who came to try and fix his AC is just added confirmation of problem on first cruise.

I am the "OP". And I would say based on my conversation with the maintenance guy that it was indeed a bad situation during dry dock.

I'm not prepared to call Sargent's honesty into question as it is entirely possible that the leaks have something to do with the pool system and/or water park which was not operational during his cruise and was during mine.

I am the "OP". And I would say based on my conversation with the maintenance guy that it was indeed a bad situation during dry dock.

I'm not prepared to call Sargent's honesty into question as it is entirely possible that the leaks have something to do with the pool system and/or water park which was not operational during his cruise and was during mine.

OK but when you have numerous reports of leaks throughout the ship and buckets everywhere makes me wonder.

You wrote an excellent and balanced review and thank you for it.

I am enjoying this review and totally believe the OP, ships have issues and sometimes they just don't happen on your cruise but the week before or week after.

Unfortunately for the Sunshine, the complaints have been going on all summer.

Seems like the ship is performing much better with the bugs out but my concern is still this might be a very crowded ship on sea days in the Caribbean during the summer with lots of kids on board.

We shall see.

Until those review come better ships for us to go on.

Wow, u guys are being pretty harsh to Sargent who I find very positive with interesting, detailed posts which are truly appreciated! Maybe he sees things with the glass half full ! I was on July 7 sailing. Yes there were buckets but at the beginning there were none, at least none I saw. But by the end (12 day sailing) deck 7 had about three down the entire hall. It is very possible the ship is leaking more and more, lol....that being said...I loved it! Now reading about smells, that I would not like.

I just found sea days crowded on pooldeck. Sarg did not seem to find it crowded but he sailed when the weather was not near as great as mine, so one has to put everything in perspective here. Hot weather=more people by pool.

Now I ask myself if I would book her in the Caribbean with some of the stuff we are reading? Hmmmm, maybe not. But I would go back to Europe on her tomorrow for certain, buckets and all, haha...

Europe carnival=great price, great ports, very few sea days! Go if u can...best time ever!

Wow, u guys are being pretty harsh to Sargent who I find very positive with interesting, detailed posts which are truly appreciated! Maybe he sees things with the glass half full ! I was on July 7 sailing. Yes there were buckets but at the beginning there were none, at least none I saw. But by the end (12 day sailing) deck 7 had about three down the entire hall. It is very possible the ship is leaking more and more, lol....that being said...I loved it! Now reading about smells, that I would not like.

I just found sea days crowded on pooldeck. Sarg did not seem to find it crowded but he sailed when the weather was not near as great as mine, so one has to put everything in perspective here. Hot weather=more people by pool.

Now I ask myself if I would book her in the Caribbean with some of the stuff we are reading? Hmmmm, maybe not. But I would go back to Europe on her tomorrow for certain, buckets and all, haha...

Europe carnival=great price, great ports, very few sea days! Go if u can...best time ever!

Many of us like posters who give balanced reviews like you just did.

Your obsession with judging and harassing me blinds you to your own lack of objectivity.

Dave was on my cruise and even left me presents. No, I didn't ask much less beg for anything. :)

DSC_1233_Zyde.jpg

DSC_1230_Zyde.jpg

DSC_1232_Zyde.jpg

Thanks for your support! :)

The waterslides and park were operational, the main pool was not. Mini-golf wasn't. For those directing insults at me, I did post on those. There were no buckets and I went all over the ship taking pictures of everything.

DSC_7453_Zyde.jpg

Thanks for your support! :)

The waterslides and park were operational, the main pool was not. Mini-golf wasn't. For those directing insults at me, I did post on those. There were no buckets and I went all over the ship taking pictures of everything.

DSC_7453_Zyde.jpg

I appreciate your sunshine review and this one. I've gained a particular interest in this ship based mostly off of both reviews, which I started reading last weekend. So thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Only one sea day with a non-functioning pool might have helped, too. After 6 consecutive port days many were too pooped to party. Not everyone has the open mind that you do. :)

Archived