Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Mark, talking about Paris Hilton and sausages ...

This one is especially for you (forget V8 she has abandoned Watercooler ....)

Toulose sausage and Gnocchetti in fresh tomato sauce with Olive Ciabatta

and some Rough and Ready Red.

5847A679-44D6-4CF6-8473-D675AEE83C24_zpsecqzg15t.jpg

This will confuse Lux .... he won't have come across a sausage in the places he goes to ......:)

An Englishman should never be separated from his sausage....irrespective of wealth or rank

Oh I suspect there'll be Mickey Mouse a-plenty during this trip, and that includes my travel companions. ;)

Just having a mess with the Tapa wotsit app which didn't work for me last time we talked about it. Will let you know how I get on. If a post of a shiny new S class appears, you'll know it's worked. :eek:

WHERES THE MERC!!!

Lunch .... bream, simple butter/lemon sauce, stove top steamed then pan roasted charlottes, peas and Pecheur. Before and after. :)

EB3A5F67-3268-4818-B9D1-9CC95DACE3EA_zpsafdbvhcz.jpg

CD0074D3-1B1E-4BBC-AA1B-48DAE53C6506_zpskxdgtztn.jpg

Hey Jeff, I'm still here, told you I just visit, don't say much. Still loving the food.

Was going to start a separate thread for this but thought I'd ask my friends here first, hope that's OK?

A lot has been said about a butler's 'duties', do you think a butler could tie a bow tie? My Jeff bought a new one which is not tied and we can't get it right. Have youtubed, googled, everything - but it won't happen. We dress for dinner every night on a cruise and he'd like to wear the new bow.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Karin

Welcome back .... this is exactly the place to ask.

Exactly the sort of work for Jeeves .... but also .. if he uses or can visit an "old fashioned" mens' outfitters he could simply pop in and ask one of the older chaps to teach him. I guess he discarded the idea of one with elastic that's already made? Others will hopefully offer ideas.

Keep in touch with us here .... we rely on "contributions" you know .....:D

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Karin

Hi Karin,

A further thought about Jeff's tie challenge.

Thinking about what he has been trying to do .....and presuming he'd like to do this himself .. how about you sitting beside his pc screen and him trying to do the bow tie on you whilst watching the demo. What he is trying to do if he does it on himself is tie in the opposite direction to what he is watching on the pc screen. That would do anyone in. Once he has mastered it on you, then he can try doing it on himself? Do you get the drift?

Jeff

Thanks for the suggestions. Will have another try at tying ourselves up in knots!

Thinking of taking it to the store we bought it from (in London) and asking them to do it or, as Duct Tape said, ask our butler to do it.

I'm sure it will be quite easy once we know how but sure is proving a challenge. He does have another one which is pre-tied (but not on elastic) but we're hoping for a couple of formal nights and he wanted a change.

Thanks for listening ;)

Karin

Hi Jeff.

I was slightly traumatised as I thought Watercooler had been removed as it's not a sticky,and which meant I had no way to thank you for all your help with our trip to Vienna.

Wow, Vienna was captivating. we had an amazing time, and not long enough!

It is sooo Beautiful we hated leaving. Can't wait to return. Thanks for the inspiration Jeff!

The Swiss House for a Stelze is sufficient reason for you to think about returning to Vienna for a few days from lat March onwards.

If you have a look at:

http://tvthek.orf.at/program/Wien-heute/70018

.... on the evening (EU time) of 15th or 16th March or so you will see the seasonal opening - they have a bit every year ... with all the "old men" outside waiting to dash in for their first Budvar and wurst of the season. Normally they interview Mrs Kolarik the current generation owner.

We'll be their two weeks today to join them. :)

I hope you go back for more than just the Christmas markets ... as you now know it is a really special place.

The sun room actually is one today ...

[ATTACH]304233[/ATTACH]

However, the temp was -20C when I got up, so it's a mixed blessing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That looks really cold. Very envious of real weather rather than the rubbish we're getting in the UK currently.

Where's the snowman?

:)

That looks really cold. Very envious of real weather rather than the rubbish we're getting in the UK currently.

Where's the snowman?

Buried under the snow.

ImageUploadedByForums1393869931.845225.jpg.ce21b67f7ee97dac4059f4b3fd75a1f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A Gentleman can practice tying a bow tie using his knee instead of his neck.

Remove secretary from knee before applying tie.;)

Yes, otherwise it could turn into a knee trembler and we couldn't have that in the office.

Is that your car?

A lot of snow!

No, that's just the pile of snow that's been cleared off the driveway. It's not so bad really, considering how the people in the northern part of Michigan have it ...

ImageUploadedByForums1393879800.280025.jpg.8f0359c9a3f353e8ce27895ac738aba7.jpg

Edited by Mark_K

Yes, otherwise it could turn into a knee trembler and we couldn't have that in the office.

I have always found the office to be the perfect place for a knee trembler.;)

You guys can always make me smile, thanks :D;)

Karin

Karin,

Satay and Souvlaki comes to the UK.:)

Finally found a perfect small Greek Cypriot souvlaki grill. And I managed to screw it together without drawing any blood. A result.

Lux will think this is a table football game with the little men removed. :p

Is this Oz in the UK?! :eek:

AB8BE8E5-511B-4D2C-BFF6-70934F83C14E_zpsvk9kp9tp.jpg

Hi Jeff, don't think we could wait until December to re-visit Vienna.

Considering a weekend a deux in September.

Will definitely Visit The SwissHouse then and also Zum Martin Sepp. Thanks for all the tips on Christmas Trees and Punch - Gluhwein. Look forward to tasting lots. We picked up a bottle of Stroh Rum at the airport, have yet to try it. I was thinking of coffee and hot chocolate.

Envious of you going to Vienna, you must keep us posted while you are there.

Hi Jeff, don't think we could wait until December to re-visit Vienna.

Considering a weekend a deux in September.

Will definitely Visit The SwissHouse then and also Zum Martin Sepp. Thanks for all the tips on Christmas Trees and Punch - Gluhwein. Look forward to tasting lots. We picked up a bottle of Stroh Rum at the airport, have yet to try it. I was thinking of coffee and hot chocolate.

Envious of you going to Vienna, you must keep us posted while you are there.

That's lovely.

Don't tempt me! Two weeks from today - at this moment - we will be contemplating lunch. I may ressurect and post my Nutcam in order to show the sorry state of Intercontinental Club Lounge nut bowls during cocktail hour ... as you may recall a crusade I have is to bring the return of the rare but beloved cashew nut to the bowl. I do have the odd cashew safari but they are unavailable in the lounge. These have been extinct for a year or so.

My campaign to bring the nuts and other nibbles to a narrow gap pourer has been successful or should I say more fruitfall and nutfall and crispfull. No longer can those nasty and unhygenic and selfish people take straight from the bowl and straight intoto their mouths. arghhhhh. :mad:

That is a battle I have won!

Re your September trip. We're also there from 15th and 19th September and if you happen to be around we'd love to bump into you. It's our birthdays ... I am 36 hours older than her ... and we will be drinking and eating with gusto and are determined to do absolutely nothing important other than that. I will no longer have a free IC mini-bar to invite you to in the suite as my Royal Ambassador IC membership will have just expired, IC Singapore have agreed RA benefits after my RA membership expires but we don't really need it at Vienna - as there is so many places for a beer or so as well as happy hours at the IC Club lounge.

It's lovely to hear you love Vienna so much. Don't get caught as we do. At least three trips per year for the last XR%$£ years ...

Karin,

Satay and Souvlaki comes to the UK.:)

Finally found a perfect small Greek Cypriot souvlaki grill. And I managed to screw it together without drawing any blood. A result.

Lux will think this is a table football game with the little men removed. :p

Is this Oz in the UK?! :eek:

AB8BE8E5-511B-4D2C-BFF6-70934F83C14E_zpsvk9kp9tp.jpg

25 years plus ago, there was a street in the old town of Limassol. The shops on that street sold nothing but these souvlaki grills. :) Sad to say that 21st century Cyprus has changed beyond all recognition, and not for the better....

Sorry for the delay with the Merc, we haven't actually collected the thing yet :eek: We're hoping to pick it up on Thursday so I'll try to get a pic in the daylight on Friday.