Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Thank you :)

I will ring Le Gavroche re credit card details but lets keep it a surprise for Keith shall we.

Jeff I should bring some Margaret River truffle/truffle oil for you to try as they are now exported to France and I gather are well regarded. I could give it to to Mr L to pass on to you.

I'll take the lot,sod Jeff:D

He'd only mix it with vinegar and peas

Edited by Mr Luxury

Ok then he can have bottle as long as he stops drinking that Pisseur

My French is poor so I had to google that........all I can say is :eek:

Au reviour getting late this side of the world

Edited by frantic36

Ok then he can have bottle as long as he stops drinking that Pisseur

Well scuse me sir if I beg to differ.

You see sir, I am but a mere crude country lad with no lernin as such. But I do knows what is right and what is wrong sir.

And it duz seem to me sir that in you tellin' me wot is wot your pompus has got bigger!

And what is wrong with drinkin' pisseur sir! :D

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Just a heads up for anyone planning such things as a few days warning means you can get in quick and snap up.

Rob (Head for Points) has had advance warning that on Monday there is going to be a 50% off redemption sale for BA long-haul (confined sadly to World Traveller Plus) with most routes included.

The booking period will run from Monday until 13th July. You must travel between 1st October and 28th February, excluding the Christmas period of 18th December to 10th January.

Just a heads up for anyone planning such things as a few days warning means you can get in quick and snap up.

Rob (Head for Points) has had advance warning that on Monday there is going to be a 50% off redemption sale for BA long-haul (confined sadly to World Traveller Plus) with most routes included.

The booking period will run from Monday until 13th July. You must travel between 1st October and 28th February, excluding the Christmas period of 18th December to 10th January.

Thanks Jeff. I was just wondering yesterday if I could handle WTP for a shorter flight, say New York. I think I could manage it during a daytime flight but absolutely not for an overnight. It's been many years since I sat in economy on a longhaul flight and I think I'm just too old and ache too much to put up with it now!

Thanks Jeff. I was just wondering yesterday if I could handle WTP for a shorter flight, say New York. I think I could manage it during a daytime flight but absolutely not for an overnight. It's been many years since I sat in economy on a longhaul flight and I think I'm just too old and ache too much to put up with it now!

Boston for " the fall"?

Thanks Jeff, worth looking at. I've been invited to stay with friends in Cape Cod next year so could be good for a cheap week!

S:)

Oh ... great! :) It'd be great if I did something helpful for a change. :rolleyes:

Work out the dates of all potential alternatives now and then log in (if you are up) just after midnight on Sunday night and grab your trip.

Good Luck.

Today we have mostly been eating Hestons Hazelwood-smoked beef back ribs with mesquite rub, home-made colesslaw with salad cream (not mayo - she won't eat any bought in muck) and Philips Air Fried McAins Fries in our VIP pen. :D

32A21C06-C6FD-433C-8381-8A369BB703F3_zpsoxjcv9fr.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Oh ... great! :) It'd be great if I did something helpful for a change. :rolleyes:

Work out the dates of all potential alternatives now and then log in (if you are up) just after midnight on Sunday night and grab your trip.

Good Luck.

Today we have mostly been eating Hestons Hazelwood-smoked beef back ribs with mesquite rub, home-made colesslaw with salad cream (not mayo - she won't eat any bought in muck) and Philips Air Fried McAins Fries in our VIP pen. :D

I'll ask Heston if it's ok to put tomato ketchup with the mesquite rub.

I know it's for the chips but is there a clash in flavours here.

Sorry to be picky,but!

Coach house tonight for dinner,the owner has some Sassacaia '98 which he wants me to try.

Party tomorrow night at Fort Belvedere in Ascot.

Will give the Phantom a good run from Kent.

No clash in flavours at all ... sadly. We binned the ribs, they were rubbish. We ended up with chips, tomato sauce and coleslaw. :mad:

ps..... if you just drunk Pecheur or Berberena every day ... you wouldn't need to travel so much .... :)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

No clash in flavours at all ... sadly. We binned the ribs, they were rubbish. We ended up with chips, tomato sauce and coleslaw. :mad:

ps..... if you just drunk Pecheur or Berberena every day ... you wouldn't need to travel so much .... :)

I wouldn't be able to travel,I'd be bed ridden!

I'm driven around so that I can enjoy the good stuff and not have to worry.

I often wonder how much cop these supermarket ready prepared dishes are.

These meaty dishes can often be disappointing.

You will make a much better go of it yourself Jeff with your culinary skills

Heston's all snails and nitrogen.

The kings new clothes and all that!

I like him as he is entertaining and bothers to deconstruct things and find out how things work.

I know that you have perfected the art of bung,scatter and serve.:D

Fort Belvedere was where the king that abdicated lived,after the famous speech from Windsor Castle he scarpered to Austria to await Wallace Simpsons divorce.

The Westons live there now.I spend a few quid in their little shop on Oxford street so it's only fair that they invite me to their place for a bun fight.

Formal dress code,lovely jubbly.

Edited by Mr Luxury

I often wonder how much cop these supermarket ready prepared dishes are.

These meaty dishes can often be disappointing.

You will make a much better go of it yourself Jeff with your culinary skills

Heston's all snails and nitrogen.

The kings new clothes and all that!

I like him as he is entertaining and bothers to deconstruct things and find out how things work.

I know that you have perfected the art of bung,scatter and serve.:D

Fort Belvedere was where the king that abdicated lived,after the famous speech from Windsor Castle he scarpered to Austria to await Wallace Simpsons divorce.

The Westons live there now.I spend a few quid in their little shop on Oxford street so it's only fair that they invite me to their place for a bun fight.

My starting point was eating out better than I could source from supermarkets when eating at home. So as I worked from home more and more and homes became larger and incorporated meetings and working spaces and clients became friends and visited for many hours ... sometimes days .. and as I became less clubable, grumpy and just loved being just us two - and less companionable and less gregarious - I wanted to eat at home better so was motivated purely to eat at home what I was eating in better restaurants that couldn't be sourced from supermakets.

There was a point when you couldn't buy anything decent from supermarkets. Bread, pasta, icecream, sauces, ribs, etc etc. You even had to grow your own tomatos. I have always confined my efforts to adding value and not making at home what you can adequately import. So every time I seemed to acquire a new skill, the supermarkets often then stepped their game up and meant I could give that up. I use to make pasta. No longer needed. The same with icecream, bread, etc etc. I am sad to say that I have now even given up (shock :eek: ) making mashed potato as the Ocado brand (once you add a nob of butter) is as good as I make at home. So what value do I add? And if you constantly throw half the potatos away ... then you have to be mad to spend more time and cash making something that is no better.

So adjusting where you add value and what you give up is a constant day by day judgement battle. I often yearn for there to be a much better brand at higher cost with more home made luxury to them. A bit how some of us feel about SS! ;) That is the supermarket brand where Heston should have been. But he has failed in his Waitrose partnership. Utter rubbish. Things like meat pies where they are so often poor on pastry and on meat content. But it is improving. Ocado now sell some wonderful meat pies. And it is only recently I discovered that frozen fish is invariably better in the UK than fresh fish Easy cure. Another freezer installed.

You like eating out. I hate it. I'm over fussy with kitchen cleanliness. I'm over fussy with quality. I hate presentation dramatics and the big display and plate over-fingering. Waiters often irritate. I want simplicity with fresh ingredients where they are so good they speak for themselves. I want the plate to smile it's rudimentary goodness to you. That is why eating with the locals is always so rewarding. Even street food.

I told her how clever I had been with buying Heston's ribs. They were poo. She asked that in future I reverted to plan A and bought the ribs and marinaded them myself in my own brew in a plastic bag for several days and slow cooked them. That means at least I still have a job ...

:):)

I told you that you could do better than the big boys.

The boss has spoken,knuckle down in the kitchen and keep producing quality dishes.

Retirement's for wimps remember.

PS. I'm bloody hungry now,I have been saving myself all day for a blow out at the CH tonight.

Edited by Mr Luxury

I told you that you could do better than the big boys.

The boss has spoken,knuckle down in the kitchen and keep producing quality dishes.

Retirement's for wimps remember.

PS. I'm bloody hungry now,I have been saving myself all day for a blow out at the CH tonight.

I'll attempt to make you hungrier. You'll like what I have lined up as atreat for her tomorrow. It is a palaver but worthwhile.

We love baclava. We love apple strudel. A few years ago, I decided I could combine the two and it was extraordinary. Traditional baclava presentation ie square and cut diamonds or squares, but lower floor strudel, upper floor baclava, sperated with a strudel layer and syrup topped and icing sugar sprinkled on serving. Dollop of cream just to confuse.

That'll take all morning.

:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I'll attempt to make you hungrier. You'll like what I have lined up as atreat for her tomorrow. It is a palaver but worthwhile.

We love baclava. We love apple strudel. A few years ago, I decided I could combine the two and it was extraordinary. Traditional baclava presentation ie square and cut diamonds or squares, but lower floor strudel, upper floor baclava, sperated with a strudel layer and syrup topped and icing sugar sprinkled on serving. Dollop of cream just to confuse.

That'll take all morning.

:)

And will play havoc with your false teeth!

Good Luck.

Thanks Jeff....doubt l will be up after midnight on Sunday but l will most certainly have a look to see what l can do....although l am not keen on the class of travel....am with Ravens here...it has to be CW or F.....l need to stretch out the old hips you see :rolleyes:

S:)

Do please report back Lux on the FB experience, l would personally have a wander round to seek out the left over treasures...if any ;)

Don't forget to tip the driver!!

Sophia:)

Do please report back Lux on the FB experience, l would personally have a wander round to seek out the left over treasures...if any ;)

Don't forget to tip the driver!!

Sophia:)

If Lux is lucky ... who knows ... perhaps the Duke of Ed will be at dinner! ;)

Jeffers.....Lux will as usual cream it...:rolleyes: Once he's finished the brandy and cigars of course...and that could take us into the wee small hours...god bless him ;)

S :)

Talking about wee small hours. I do so hope he remembers to ask nursey to empty his bag. We don't want any umbrage at any spillage.