Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

amazing match, super tennis!

must have been splendid to be there in person.

as you said, you are living the dream.

we started packing for the trip on the discoverer on july 18th.

Maybe i won't over pack...;-)

dogs sensitive to the valises and are not happy.

Another work week begins tomorrow.

Hello:)

I'm delighted to have discovered that Ocado will deliver to me so am going to give it a whirl. :D

When you do your first order it can seem to take forever and you think it would be quicker to just get in the car and battle your way around Waitrose. After the first one is done, it's a doddle. I can't remember LBOSS (Life Before Online Supermarket Shopping!). I use Ocado and Sainsburys, both are good. And anything's better than fighting one's way through screaming children during the summer holidays ;)

Just also to say yes, the tennis was superb. It was a shame that either of them had to lose.

spinnaker2, I know all about valise sensitive canines, my dog used to sulk for days when she saw them being prepared for a trip.

amazing match, super tennis!

must have been splendid to be there in person.

as you said, you are living the dream.

we started packing for the trip on the discoverer on july 18th.

Maybe i won't over pack...;-)

dogs sensitive to the valises and are not happy.

Another work week begins tomorrow.

Spin.

You enjoy your trip and keep us at the cooler updated! Time to get those suitaces down from their place on top of the wardrobe ...:D

Jeff

Lovely tennis and F1. :)

We had a really interesting day (for us that is .... ;) ) yesterday.

With my Sunday Times came an invite to try FindMyPast for a year free as a part of the Times online subscription. Hadn't done any research on wifey or my own families for a while and hadn't realised that they had released the 1911 census. That turned my wife's family history completely upside down and for the first time allowed me to track my own family back to precise villages in Russia. A very unusual day as it turned all that we had previously understood completely upside down.

:)

Rob has posted details of an interesting American Airlines tool that helps you start with a travel date and see what redemptions are avialable on those dates. Shows up BA as well.

http://www.americanairlines.co.uk/awardMap/home.do?#

It lets you pick the dates you want to travel and then comes up with a list of possible destinations. And it works for BA flights as well as AA.

You should also ignore the mileage requirements shown if choosing BA. These are what it would cost to book the flights using American Airlines miles rather than Avios points.

If you are the sort of person who first looks for a gap in their diary and then tries to find an idea for a holiday to fit around it using some miles, this could be a great help.

One penny steak accompanied by chips,mushrooms,tinned tomato,English mustard (could be Dijon) and Heinz organic tomato ketchup.

All washed down with Jeffrey's house red

Two steaks for a penny. :p

And twenty packs arrived today and frozen for goulash and stir fry. £200 worth for 20p. I don't know how much more of this I can take ....

:D

Two steaks for a penny. :p

And twenty packs arrived today and frozen for goulash and stir fry. £200 worth for 20p. I don't know how much more of this I can take ....

:D

I know this place in Switzerland for colonic irrigation,you'll need it.

I'll worn them as they might need a new hosepipe

Edited by Mr Luxury

Guide to uploading pictures taken on an Ipad or any camera to CC

Happy to help. It's easy.

1. Open a photobucket account. I think you can get them for free - although a paid for one is peanuts. I use it for our security cameras to automatically upload pictures any time there's anything that moves in or around our properties when we aren't there.

2. Download the ipad app to your ipad and login.

3. Everything you take on your ipad and stored in the camera roll is backed up and uploaded to your photobucket account automatically each time you open the photobucket app. Great if you are on your holidays as it is abackup if you lose your camera or PC. It will create a new folder for each month automatically and create a new folder on the first of each month. You can also upload from a camera or memory card from your computer to PB.

4. When you are next on your PC and are posting in CC and want a piccy, go to your photobucket account. Set the list as "Newest First" so that the last picture that was backed up is the first. Go to the specific picture. Select it by tapping it. On the right hand side will be "Links to share this photo" and hit "Direct". The field will go yellow for a second as it copies the link as though you are photographing the link. You now have a copy of the direct link in memory to place in CC.

5. Back into CC and into your started post - or start a post. Put a couple of spaces in first and then go up page a line or so .... this allows you to add further comments below the photo or add a photo below it. CC doesn't allow space after a piccy unless you make them first. Hit the Mountains icon pn the CC editing panel and put the cursor into the field and paste the link in by hitting "Crtl+V". The phot appears immediately. Complete the post and add any further photos but make sure you always have a spare space after the photo. I always do this from the PC as when I use the ipad to put the piccy in it seems to remove it for some reason this may be the browser I use.

You are copying a link not the photograph so if you change your mind or if you accidentally delete the picture or move it within Photobucket it dissapears from CC as well.

All of this takes a long time to explain but a few seconds to do. I hope it is helpful.

Ask any further questions.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Yikes!

A lot of artery clogging material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely wrong. You need to learn to cook Spin. ;):D

There's no fat on the steak as it's all been cut off.

The steak is grilled and not fried.

The chips are air fried not deep fried and virtually fat free.

There's a small amount of butter/olive oil with the mushrooms.

We only eat red meat a couple of times a week. My cholestrol is great.

It's a healthy meal. :)

Tonight the sky here was pink and blue

Just amazing

Don't know how to upload photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a pink and blue lake ...

ImageUploadedByForums1404820505.521562.jpg.9a85e514cb8cec0dfa13cb5031ec9ac4.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good Afternoon from a very humid Yorkieland with flash flooding forecast later!

Scampi salad for lunch today, followed by fresh fruit :)

I bet that Lux is having a truffle omelette with Princess Ann today. ;)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Or eggs akimbo at The Goring....:)

Or a donner kebab with Brenda's hubby!? :confused:

Lux ... spill the beans .... where is today's tuck?

:)

Sprogg specified lunch today ... "Dad, ... just passing can we pop in and can you make me a ......." I suppose I should be flattered. :)

0BA5FE76-D6B8-4095-8171-2547281DC350_zpsmnm9hkp8.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Or eggs akimbo at The Goring....:)

Eggs Drumkilbo,the Queen Mothers' favourite dish,I do have it occasionally when at The Goring.

I had quails eggs today in rapeseed oil for a snack this evening,no lunch and porridge for breakfast.went to the gym and my accountant.

I am at Highgrove next Tuesday for a little tour of the gardens and a few drinks and canapés ,it's nice to be recognised for ones hard work.

I have been to Gatcombe park for a dinner but no truffle omelette,lamb if I remember correctly.

11stone 8 lbs this evening I'm in great shape :D