Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Not any more I'm afraid ......

:)

I told her that it would get her in the end,everyone else thought that it would be the Dubonnet.:)

She liked it 70% Dubonnet and 30% Gin

Edited by Mr Luxury

Quite right.

My problem is that I'm under-height for my wheight! Just another foot or so and I'll be perfect!

Aren't you a bit over weight for a leprechaun?

:o

The current speaker is touchy about his height or lack of it.:)

I have no Irish in me but will admit to having a pint of Guinness a few years back.

I'm having breakfast at a French fashion house in Bond Street tomorrow so that I may choose something for my wife for her birthday.

They have a lovely apartment above the boutique where they bring the items to you while the butler looks after things.

Now that's the way to do shopping.

I have no Irish in me but will admit to having a pint of Guinness a few years back.

I'm having breakfast at a French fashion house in Bond Street tomorrow so that I may choose something for my wife for her birthday.

They have a lovely apartment above the boutique where they bring the items to you while the butler looks after things.

It's lovely of you to buy the ol' gal a new tabard. Don't get any grease on it. You'll miss your porridge!

Tonight a lovely Oscar Mayer American Style Bacon sandwich in toast and with the lovely small chunk sandwich Branston. It isn't really an American bacon sandwich because there's no cheese ... and the bacon is produced in Spain! But still ..... :eek:

But it is my current favourite bacon. Followed by Sonato strawberries from Sussex and some cherries from Spain.

92681011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=6119bb9dc8914ad738bbfd6e047d1616

Oscar Meyer sounds like a movie producer.

I love a bacon sandwich but don't eat things like that any more

I would prefer HP sauce and the bacon has to be smoked also served in a bloomer.

Brioche is good and rub it with a garlic clove or smother in mayonnaise and add a couple of slices of beef tomato.

I had cherries this evening from Kent naturally I won't buy the Spanish ones.

They've already asked me what I would like for breakfast tomorrow.

Strong black coffee from a cafetiere,porridge,fresh berries and a pastry selection.then I've got to get the Amex black out and give it a spin.

What a start to the day.

Wish they did that in Primark...;)

It's lovely of you to buy the ol' gal a new tabard. Don't get any grease on it. You'll miss your porridge!

Tonight a lovely Oscar Mayer American Style Bacon sandwich in toast and with the lovely small chunk sandwich Branston. It isn't really an American bacon sandwich because there's no cheese ... and the bacon is produced in Spain! But still ..... :eek:

But it is my current favourite bacon. Followed by Sonato strawberries from Sussex and some cherries from Spain.

Your truly American bacon sandwich would be with tomato, lettuce, and mayo, on toast.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Mark_K

Is that another make of bacon?

Now what do l know Lux...:rolleyes: My local butcher provides my bacon, he knows l like it with plenty of fat on..l follow in the footsteps of my paternal Grandmother who always fried everything in the same pan and lived to the ripe old age of 108 for her efforts.

I'm sure you will enjoy Highgrove, Charlie always puts on a good spread and his gardens are lovely...just don't rain on his parade by talking to the plants ;)

S :)

The fish lunch looks good Jeff, is that plaice? My favourite fish apart from Dover Sole.

I have to get out to Marks food hall tomorrow as I'm running low and my children are coming up at the weekend so will be expecting canapés before we venture out for lunch:rolleyes:

Sophia :)

Good afternoon S!

It is the very best "fresh" fish we eat .... Waitrose frozen sea bass. It is better than we an buy fresh and there is always some in the freezer.

I always find sea bass a bit too strong a flavour for my taste. I also for some reason hate cooking fish :rolleyes:

I'm trying to lose a few pounds but am craving a bacon sandwich tonight!!

S:)

I always find sea bass a bit too strong a flavour for my taste. I also for some reason hate cooking fish :rolleyes:

I'm trying to lose a few pounds but am craving a bacon sandwich tonight!!

S:)

I have found fresh seabass seems to get a strong flavour to quickly, but the frozen is frozen immediately and has a much more subtle flavour. These are also quite young and small.

Enjoy the bacon.

I have found fresh seabass seems to get a strong flavour to quickly, but the frozen is frozen immediately and has a much more subtle flavour. These are also quite young and small.

Enjoy the bacon.

I looked at the food picture quickly and had to check the date,I thought it was St Patricks day :p

Jeff;

Thanks for the info on the uploading of photos.

i cut and pasted it into my gmail account for further study.

All that parsley on the food was quite confetti-ish, i guess it was a festive herbal thing.

have been working like crazy or crazy from working..but soon i will be on holiday.

and i won't care about work.

almost friday here. almost the weekend.

Jeff;

Thanks for the info on the uploading of photos.

i cut and pasted it into my gmail account for further study.

All that parsley on the food was quite confetti-ish, i guess it was a festive herbal thing.

have been working like crazy or crazy from working..but soon i will be on holiday.

and i won't care about work.

almost friday here. almost the weekend.

I think the issue is two fold.

Firstly, most people see parsley as a garnish and being an item to decorate the food. So less is more. I see it as a flavour and enjoy it, and within reason the food is more important then the presentation. So I like a lot of parsley. The other thing is if you don't use it you end up binning it. So the combination of liking the flavour and being mean is that it all goes on, particularly when potatoes and fish are involved. :)

Yes TGIF! Although I am sad to say, that I have been saying to wifey lately that it has been somewhat difficult to differentiate the days lately they are all morphing into weekend feely. Particularly when it's quiet and nothing much is happening. It all feels a bit like the weekend every day.

I've been adding a bit of luxury to my outside nook today where we have a little private eating area and where I have a brandy and cigar and think profound thoughts. :eek:

I hope you enjoy your release from work and have a great holiday. It is time for you to rob a bank and make every day a holiday. :D

thanks for parsing about parsley.

i am looking forward to retirement. probably very soon, like in september. my job is quite stressful and i am tired, also life is short.

sadly i can not rob a bank, just have a few ethical constraints.:)

Retirement can be a two edged sword. For reasons I won't bore you with I have no idea exactly when we retired. We simply didn't replace clients as things progressed so we sort of drifted aimlessly into retirement and just took on the odd project we thought we'd enjoy. What made it worst is that work was basically tremendous fun -lot's of developing ideas as we went along and lots of opportunism - and virtually all my clients were personal friends or became great friends. Helping people you like and being paid for it is pretty lucky.

Retirement is something many dream of but it can be a shock for many - even with a job they found stressful and they detest to change suddenly for having every moment filled to wondering what to do. I'm lucky in that I never get bored doing nothing and only feel stressed when something is expected of me.

I do feel sorry for those that do a job they do not enjoy.

Pleased the instructions re piccies were of interest. The ipad app does it but when I use it only small pictures. I do like big pictures even though they disrupt the width of the thread.

They have always been very confused in Dorset. The pensioners even vegetate in Dorset. So it is possible to convert meat into vegetables.

:D

The cows are vegetarians, ergo, vegetarian beef.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hello All,

Busy day or two here in Yorkieland and the weather is gorgeous, which appears annoyingly to be having some adverse affect with my emails :rolleyes:

Lunch today is my local butchers home baked steak and ale pie which was still warm when l collected it.

Lovely weekend to look forward to with my kids :D

Sophia :)

You enjoy those Kids S Gal ....

Cooking tip.:) Slow marinade those kids and put them on to a slow spit over some glowing embers. That makes kids much more palateable. :D

Let's see it we can draw wannabedonna and anyone else into the den with today's lunch food smut. I don't mean to be direct ... bbut I'd like to see some more non-Brits join this feckless and pointless club. We need MORE pointlessness!!!!!

Everybody welcome to pop in over the next few days as I have made far too much Pommebaclava - I've upgraded the potion size to a proper bit of calorific time-bomb - and there's loads of thick Jersey cream ............:)

Just to make excuses. If SS allowed me to cook my own lunch and anyone else who wanted it, then I'd decamp and live permanently on a ship. We'd all start at 10 am for a drink or so, and then prepare, then eat, then drink, and the sleep and then wake up when everything had improved a bit. My idea of a dream cruise. If there was anything worthwhile to visit on land, then we'd take a BBQ and go to the local market. We'd buy booze. We'd eat. We'd then lumber back to the boat. A suite with a kitchen attatched and load of people that have humour, some tickle ribs, and people who understood that the whole point of life is the moment we are all now in ... and normally involves all being around a table for lunch for most of the day.

This is what fanatasies are about I guess. ............................ :)

49555243-8C8E-44D6-A136-4E36F3CD67A5_zpsq6pcup9s.jpg

0F98F0E3-FA12-4668-847C-D0297C29E13F_zpswagttvaq.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff