Hawaii by the day

ride4806

Hoped you folks would take a look at my plans so far and let me know if there is something else we should try to get in while we are in Honolulu pre-cruise and in Maui post cruise?

We will be spending four days pre cruise in Honolulu and have so far planned to take the Stars and Stripes tour on our first day there figured we would be up early anyway for a 6:30 AM pickup, another day we will be taking the Circle Island Turtle tour, no plans for the other two days-I am thinking about a hike up Diamond Head but nothing firmed up yet. For our first day in Maui we are doing the Road to Hana, second day will be the Taste of Maui tour. In HIlo we are taking a tour with Mary Lou, in Kona we are doing an afternoon snorkeling tour with Captain Zodiac . In Kauai we are taking the Heaven and Earth quest-for a helicopter tour over the island followed by a land tour. Our second day in Kauai we are going to Waimea Canyon.

We have rented a car for three days post cruise in Maui and we have no plans other than going to OLL Sunday night and stopping at IAO Valley on the way to the Sheraton in Kaanapali. Any suggestions for our time in Maui are appreciated

A few suggestions to choose from for Maui:

Haleakala would be worth doing if you don't mind the 4 hours or so of driving ... maybe do that on Monday (are you flying home on Monday or Tuesday ... and if so, what time?)

I would also do some snorkelling on Maui, and explore a few more beaches there. From the Sheraton you are within a few minutes drive to Kahekili Beach Park, 10 minutes to Kapalua Bay and Napili Bay, and about 15 to Honolua Bay. Kahekili, Kapalua and Honolua are all good snorkelling places (Honolua has a rocky beach which makes it a bit difficult to get into the water, but it's the best of all of these places for snorkelling. Napili has the nicest beach of all of them for swimming.) The drive beyond Honolua is very scenic ... go as far as Nakalele Blowhole and return the same way. Here's a map of the route to Nakalele with stops at the beaches that I mentioned.

A sunset sail or morning snorkel sail with Trilogy would be fun too (they leave from the beach next door to the Sheraton, best to book it ahead.)

Go to Lahaina an hour or so ahead of the luau to explore there. Banyan Tree Park is worth seeing and there are some historic sites in that area to see as well. Lots of shopping in Lahaina as well.

There's a paved beach walk that goes both north and south from the Sheraton ... if you head south, it's about a 5 minute walk to Whaler's Village Shopping Centre. If you want some exercise, head north ... it goes for about a mile and a half paralleling a beautiful stretch of beach, to Honua Kai resort.

wow, ur going to be very busy and tired! don't be disappointed if you get tired and run out of time. Keep in mind if u can't get all of ur activities in, you can come back the next time. Nap is also a good idea depending on ur age bracket..lol

Hoped you folks would take a look at my plans so far and let me know if there is something else we should try to get in while we are in Honolulu pre-cruise and in Maui post cruise?

We will be spending four days pre cruise in Honolulu and have so far planned to take the Stars and Stripes tour on our first day there figured we would be up early anyway for a 6:30 AM pickup, another day we will be taking the Circle Island Turtle tour, no plans for the other two days-I am thinking about a hike up Diamond Head but nothing firmed up yet. For our first day in Maui we are doing the Road to Hana, second day will be the Taste of Maui tour. In HIlo we are taking a tour with Mary Lou, in Kona we are doing an afternoon snorkeling tour with Captain Zodiac . In Kauai we are taking the Heaven and Earth quest-for a helicopter tour over the island followed by a land tour. Our second day in Kauai we are going to Waimea Canyon.

We have rented a car for three days post cruise in Maui and we have no plans other than going to OLL Sunday night and stopping at IAO Valley on the way to the Sheraton in Kaanapali. Any suggestions for our time in Maui are appreciated

I wouldn't worry about being tired or not having enough down time, which others here seem to be concerned about. I think you've planned a good variety of excursions to take in some of the best highlights on each island. None of the excursions sound that exhausting, and you'll have time to rest in the evenings and during your pre/post cruise stays.

Hopefully others will chime in with suggestions for you, rather than tell you how tired you'll be :)

Archived