Coast Coal Harbour Hotel

Mikee355

Staying pre-cruise in Vancouver at the Coast Coal Harbour hotel on Thursday, Friday August 15, 16. I booked the hotel on Hotwire for $126/night.

I'd be interested in knowing what you people feel is the best way to get to the Coast Coal Harbour from the airport. Also, with two large bags, is it best to take a taxi from the hotel to Canada Place for our Saturday departure? Finally, has anyone stayed at Coast Coal Harbour recently? I'd love to hear some comments on the hotel if you have!

Staying pre-cruise in Vancouver at the Coast Coal Harbour hotel on Thursday, Friday August 15, 16. I booked the hotel on Hotwire for $126/night.

I'd be interested in knowing what you people feel is the best way to get to the Coast Coal Harbour from the airport. Also, with two large bags, is it best to take a taxi from the hotel to Canada Place for our Saturday departure? Finally, has anyone stayed at Coast Coal Harbour recently? I'd love to hear some comments on the hotel if you have!

The "best way " really depends on the person. Personally I think that the Skytrain is the way to go. Exit at Waterfront using the Elevator on the platform labeled "EXIT TO GRANVILLE ST" and walk 3-4 blocks along W.Hastings street to your hotel.

From hotel to Canada Place, a taxi will be very very cheap ($7-8) as you're talking about 4½ blocks. The streets are fairly level, so if you're able bodied, it's not that bad to walk either. Walk back toward the Skytrain station on W.Hastings, turn left on Howe and you're at Canada Place.

I stay at the Coast Coal Harbour a couple of times a year. Its a beautiful hotel; I'm sure you will like it.

The Skytrain is possible for sure, but having to walk a few blocks with luggage etc. isn't for everyone, so it depends on your budget. I would definitely take a taxi to/from the airport.

Archived