Booking online with Thomson

a beach near the runway...love that...watching aircraft whilst on a beach...fab!

yes barnowl loads of birds in the forest (over 150 different types of birds and some very rare endangered parrots)....but like any forest...if there a groups of people tramping around then the wildlife is gone...you can hear them but they are gone

if you can find a quiet spot and are prepared to sit and wait then yes you will see them....take your binoculars, there are some massive views...if you have a keen eye...you will spot them...there’s lots of other wildlife to look for, frogs/crabs/butterflies most trees in the forest have an entire ecosystem growing on the side of them!

I truly do love dominica its a nature lovers paradise....some areas have names like the boiling lake and the valley of desolation...and there’s plenty more to look at like all the various waterfalls and pools and the fruit sellers dotted along the highway where you can get freshly squeezed fruit juices straight from the fruit and coconut oil/herbs & remedies....one day is just not enough for dominca

Sorry…I’m raving about it I know…I just cant wait to get back there:):cool:

Love to see birds in their natural surroundings..in Cairns some years ago we saw a flock of parrots flying above us as we walked to a bus stop. Amazing sight in the sunset.

Think this is the island I'm looking forward to the most.

yep...they are very successful in the south of england (and slowly moving north) they roost in the broadleaf forests (which I have (the remains of) at the back of my house) and which gives them good cover and protection....they seem to have survived the last winter and are thriving (noisily) I often put apple out for them and see them in my garden (the other birds dont seem to eat the apple?....they just strip my cabbages and eat the cats crunchies!)

We went to the waterfalls and my husband couldn't walk down to them so sat by some gardens waiting for us to get back and had humming birds taking their nectar

from the plants beside him. Couldn't believe how close they came. Love the wildlife side of the islands as I am not a shopper female. Can't wait to get back in January. Roll on Xmas!!

• 8 months later...

Any change of tactics booking for Summer 2015 when the new brochure appears from April?

I have previously e-mailed and or phoned different travel companies to get the price gradually reduced but in April 2013 had little joy. I was either quoted well above Thomson online or promised a match. If all TAs match then the price wont change.

In the end I booked with our local Thomson & got some discount which stool up over time.

One minor factor may be to wait to see if a discount voucher code arrives by e-mail from Thomson.

Happy days

Len