Christmas market - Nuremberg/Frankfort?

Hoyaheel

I have found Uniworld & Viking have 2014 Christmas market itineraries in that region. I didn't find any on AMA, Avalon, Tauck, Luftner/Amadeus, GCT, or Vantage. Are there other (engish speaking) lines that have trips ~7 days in that region that I am missing? Thanks!

AMA has the same. They list as Prague because of the post cruise extension, which is optional and the segment between Nuremberg and Prague is by motorcoach.

We have done this route a couple of times and have enjoyed 4 Christmas market cruises. It is a great time to visit Europe and we are going this year for the holidays.

We have cruised with AMA and Avalon and are booked on two more with AMA, our favorite.

Hoyaheel, I think I remember you from the HAL board? Or was it the fashion board? This is the only board I follow these days. Nice to see you here!

AMA has the same. They list as Prague because of the post cruise extension, which is optional and the segment between Nuremberg and Prague is by motorcoach.

We have done this route a couple of times and have enjoyed 4 Christmas market cruises. It is a great time to visit Europe and we are going this year for the holidays.

We have cruised with AMA and Avalon and are booked on two more with AMA, our favorite.

Hoyaheel, I think I remember you from the HAL board? Or was it the fashion board? This is the only board I follow these days. Nice to see you here!

Thanks - I had thought I should go back and look again and double check the ones I ignored with "Prague" in the past, so I'll make sure I check AMA. My husband really likes that Nuremberg-Frankfort itinerary, but I have been to Prague a few times (and Budapest, though long ago for both) and didn't really want to be that far east for this trip. My in-laws love Uniworld, but the cabins are so tiny (in comparison to some other lines). But I just want to know all my options so we can make an informed decision.

Yes, I've been on the HAL board (though not recently) and am usually over on the Fashion Board, and our last cruise was a small ship Princess in the Black Sea, and I remember you:D. I read the River Cruises board every couple of years - my husband has always wanted to go, my in-laws have been on several, and now we're actually talking specifics, so I thought I should amp up my research:p If we end up booking, we'll likely invite my in-laws (and possibly one set of my parents) to come with us, and if we pick something that's not Uniworld - I want to be able to explain why;)

Archived