Anyone stayed at the Hilton Galveston?

hurleysweety

Snagged a room at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort for $250 (incl tax, yes!) for 2 nights before our cruise in October. They say they include cruise parking and transportation, but compared to other hotels, they don't prominently advertise it nor can I find any recent reviews about their cruise parking/transportation.

Has anyone stayed there recently pre or post cruise and can comment about their shuttle service? Trying to debate if I should use their service, or pay for parking at the port for the peace of mind knowing I can get to the port when I want to get there. Not worried about the car itself as it will be a rental.

Thanks in advance!

Hilton owned by common owner Landry's Hotel Group

which owns San Luis Resort, Holiday Inn Resort,

and Hilton, which are on Seawall right next door to each other.

There is a large courtesy bus for the San Luis Resort moving guests all over the island all the time.

And it is probably serving all three hotels for transfering cruisers to the terminals. Should be reliable because of credibility of Landry's.

They will schedule your departure times from the three hotels.

If this one bus handles all three and there is large numbers or groups,

they would schedule accordingly.

If courtesy bus from San Luis Resorts does not handle cruisers for other two, there is still crediblity of Landrys for the other two hotels..

The other two would have in house vehicles,

or contractors providing service.

I have not used their service and would not hesitate to use it!

Call and confirm my conjectures! :)

We are book at the Hilton for our Sept cruise. We have opted to use the park N cruise instead so we didn't have to wait for the shuttle. We purchased faster to the fun so we want to be at the port early and leave quickly with no wait.

Snagged a room at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort for $250 (incl tax, yes!) for 2 nights before our cruise in October. They say they include cruise parking and transportation, but compared to other hotels, they don't prominently advertise it nor can I find any recent reviews about their cruise parking/transportation.

Has anyone stayed there recently pre or post cruise and can comment about their shuttle service? Trying to debate if I should use their service, or pay for parking at the port for the peace of mind knowing I can get to the port when I want to get there. Not worried about the car itself as it will be a rental.

Thanks in advance!

Stayed at The Hilton twice, pre-cruise.

Yes! They let you leave your car in their long term parking lot if you stay the night before or the night after your cruise. And they shuttle your group to/from the cruise terminal. They drop you and your luggage on the curb, where the porters take your luggage, and you head inside to check in. Then when you return, you wait outside with your luggage and your shuttle picks you up and returns you to your vehicle. No charge other than optional tips for drivers. Our last stay was May/2013. Also, I was able to get a lower price through Lastminutetravel.com.

We are book at the Hilton for our Sept cruise. We have opted to use the park N cruise instead so we didn't have to wait for the shuttle. We purchased faster to the fun so we want to be at the port early and leave quickly with no wait.

Stayed at The Hilton twice. Most recently 5/2013. You dont have to wait.

Just call the bell desk when you are ready to leave the hotel, and they will meet you downstairs, and load your luggage onto the shuttle. One driver per vehicle follows the shuttle to their long term parking lot. That driver locks the car, jumps into the shuttle and off you go! Don't stay at the Hilton, and then pay to park! You don't need to.:)

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at the Hilton several times and its one of my favorite hotels on the island.... yes the parking is indeed free and the shuttle will take you to the ship and back for free...its a great deal.... and it is usually the first shuttle to be waiting at the pier to take you to your car.... its awesome.

Archived