Best Place to do the Sting rays

BMCC71

I assume you're looking for recommendations of tour operators? Because there's really only one place to "do" the stingrays. Stingray City is a section of sandbar out in the ocean that the stingrays visit, historically to eat the scraps as fishermen clean their catch, and in the present day to mooch snacks off the tourists. You have to take a boat or watercraft of some kind to get there, thus the need for an organized excursion. If you read the other threads in this forum with "stingrays" or "stingray city" in the title, you will find tons of reviews and recommendations for excursions.

• 4 weeks later...

My first choice was MarineLand Tours, because their boat had actual stairs off of the back of their boat instead of a ladder, but, they were booked out 4 months before our cruise, so, I have booked with Native Way. Our tour includes the trip to Stingray City, as well as a land tour of the island - I'm looking forward to it!

I assume you're looking for recommendations of tour operators? Because there's really only one place to "do" the stingrays. Stingray City is a section of sandbar out in the ocean that the stingrays visit, historically to eat the scraps as fishermen clean their catch, and in the present day to mooch snacks off the tourists. You have to take a boat or watercraft of some kind to get there, thus the need for an organized excursion. If you read the other threads in this forum with "stingrays" or "stingray city" in the title, you will find tons of reviews and recommendations for excursions.

We recommemd Captain Marvin's. Been with the 3 time and going back in Oct. Small groups on the boat not like some of the others.

Archived