Question about the Star's Youth Talent Show

Hi, Hope either of you can help me with a question. We will be on the Star on 7-31 and my daughter wants to participate in the Youth Talent Show. Is this still happening? She is a very accomplished violinist and would love to do this. We were also wondering if there would be someone on the ship to accompany her on the piano if she brings the piano music. It sure would be nice to know ahead of time so we don't bring the violin if the talent show does not exist anymore. Plus, it is kind of a headache thing as we have to be cautious because of its value. Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you on-board the lovely Star.

I had originally had posted my question to Starboyz and/or Hannah's Dad but the title was changed (thanks Cecelia!) this way anyone might be able to answer it for me. But if Starboyz or Hannah's Dad can help that would be great too. Thanks.

Hi, Hope either of you can help me with a question. We will be on the Star on 7-31 and my daughter wants to participate in the Youth Talent Show. Is this still happening? She is a very accomplished violinist and would love to do this. We were also wondering if there would be someone on the ship to accompany her on the piano if she brings the piano music. It sure would be nice to know ahead of time so we don't bring the violin if the talent show does not exist anymore. Plus, it is kind of a headache thing as we have to be cautious because of its value. Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you on-board the lovely Star.

Yes we will have the Junior Star Seeker Show. Yes there will be someone to accompany her on the piano. I am assuming she will bring some sheet music? Always is best to do that! If however there are more than 14 participating there WILL be an audition process! As far as I know, when I left, the sign ups were at 4:30pm in the Star Bar Deck 13 Mid ship on Thursdays (Glacier Bay)

Good luck and see you all real soon!

Yes we will have the Junior Star Seeker Show. Yes there will be someone to accompany her on the piano. I am assuming she will bring some sheet music? Always is best to do that! If however there are more than 14 participating there WILL be an audition process! As far as I know, when I left, the sign ups were at 4:30pm in the Star Bar Deck 13 Mid ship on Thursdays (Glacier Bay)

Good luck and see you all real soon!

Wonderful! She has the piano piece and will bring it along. She will be pleased to know that the show will be happening. Even if she just gets to audition, she'll love it. Do you know how often the audition process happens? Thanks.

Wonderful! She has the piano piece and will bring it along. She will be pleased to know that the show will be happening. Even if she just gets to audition, she'll love it. Do you know how often the audition process happens? Thanks.

I have seen the audition process happen quite a few times. I am sure all will be OK! We really do look for talent (chance to win a free cruise and all) and the best make the cut.

I have seen the audition process happen quite a few times. I am sure all will be OK! We really do look for talent (chance to win a free cruise and all) and the best make the cut.

Thanks, I appreciate the information. Any idea when a run through of her piece could be done with the piano player? She does not need "practice" with the acompanist but just an opportunity to run through it once or twice.

Archived