MDR on Breakaway

DISNEY1975

Ill be sailing on the Getaway next spring and was looking at the deck plans on the Breakaway, which are suppose to be practically identical. The 2 MDRs look tiny. I could not find the seating capacity on the site or through a google search.

Has anyone had issues getting to eat in the MDR on the Breakaway? Were waits more than 30 minutes?

Thanks

I can't remember the exact number, but Savor and Taste hold the same amount of people and Manhattan holds more. I think S & T hold combined some small amount close to 500. I ate in each once and never waited more than 15 minutes at peak dinner times.

Ill be sailing on the Getaway next spring and was looking at the deck plans on the Breakaway, which are suppose to be practically identical. The 2 MDRs look tiny. I could not find the seating capacity on the site or through a google search.

Has anyone had issues getting to eat in the MDR on the Breakaway? Were waits more than 30 minutes?

Thanks

Don't let the pictures fool you. Taste/Savor are very large. They were designed to make it feel like a small cozy restaurant instead of a massive dining hall. It makes for a nice dining experience and I felt it cut down on noise since you have partial walls separating areas.

I never had to wait to get into the MDR, but I have read others have. I think it all depends on how full your sailing is and what time you eat.

I looked at the Getaway again for another dining room. There isn't one. I think the Manahattan Room may be for the ship that sails from NY (Breakaway). I looked for a FL / Miami version on the Getaway and don't seem to find one. Under "dining", for complimentary it only states Taste / Savor, Garden Café (buffet) and a Bar and Grill.

Ill be sailing with my child, only, and am not sure Id eat at the specialty restaurants with her, especially since she eats about 4 bites of food.

There will be a MDR on the Getaway identical to the Manhattan Room on the Breakaway - same size, same location (Deck 7). It just hasn't been named yet, which I assume is why NCL hasn't listed it on the Getaway site under "Restaurants". Here's a display of Deck 7 from NCL's Deck Plans of the Getaway.

GetawayMainDiningRoomDeck7.jpg

These numbers are for the Breakaway, which should be the same for the Getaway -

Saver holds 282 people and is on deck 6

Taste holds 282 people and is on deck 6 across from Saver

Main Dining Room (no name yet for this on the Getaway) holds 632 and is on deck 7

I never really had to wait more than 10 min.....but did notice that the wait for the Main Dining Room was a bit longer then for Saver and Taste.

Hope this helps.....

Harriet

These numbers are for the Breakaway, which should be the same for the Getaway -

Saver holds 282 people and is on deck 6

Taste holds 282 people and is on deck 6 across from Saver

Main Dining Room (no name yet for this on the Getaway) holds 632 and is on deck 7

I never really had to wait more than 10 min.....but did notice that the wait for the Main Dining Room was a bit longer then for Saver and Taste.

Hope this helps.....

Harriet

A lot! Thanks so much.

Archived