Does Anyone Do This?

nyjustus2

I went out today and purchased some googly eyes and other fun stickers for our cabin steward to use when making towel animals. Just curious to know what other fun things people bring for their room stewards, waiters or bartenders.

I went out today and purchased some googly eyes and other fun stickers for our cabin steward to use when making towel animals. Just curious to know what other fun things people bring for their room stewards, waiters or bartenders.

Lots of $2 bills for their tips :-)

Sounds like fun, better than those torn stickers they use.

Sounds like fun, better than those torn stickers they use.

The googly eyes are nice, but the other stickers I bought are made of puffy material - they aren't rippable! I always feel like the cabin stewards would enjoy having fun with the passengers. One cruise I went on our stewards name was Marianna. When we went to the Panama Canal, one of the ships passing through was named Marianna. I showed her the picture and then emailed her a copy - she was thrilled!

Lots of $2 bills for their tips :-)

Money is the best thing to bring for them but please just use $1 bills instead. $2 bills are pretty uncommon outside the USA - even for ports that accept US $. It makes it harder for the crew to spend in the ports, which I'm sure isn't your intent.

Money is the best thing to bring for them but please just use $1 bills instead. $2 bills are pretty uncommon outside the USA - even for ports that accept US $. It makes it harder for the crew to spend in the ports, which I'm sure isn't your intent.

You are right about the $2 bills. On one of my mediterranean cruises, my cabin steward asked me if the $2 bill he received was real (I didn't give it to him), because theno one would take it while he was purchasing some things in port. Also, in some countries they will not take U.S. dollars that are torn or in bad shape. Before I travel outside the U.S., I always make sure my bills are new or nearly new.

The crew also likes to get $20s, $50s & $100s. :D

You are right about the $2 bills. On one of my mediterranean cruises, my cabin steward asked me if the $2 bill he received was real (I didn't give it to him), because theno one would take it while he was purchasing some things in port. Also, in some countries they will not take U.S. dollars that are torn or in bad shape. Before I travel outside the U.S., I always make sure my bills are new or nearly new.

Good advice about nearly/new bills, had never thought of that.............thanks!

Archived