Pride Of America Specialty Restaurants

ladybugk04

Have you eaten at any of the specialty restaurants onboard pride of america? Any recommendations as to which one to eat at or any comments, likes/dislikes about them. Looking into going to one for my anniversary and not sure which to pick.

Also the italian restaurant is family style? Does everyone have to eat the same meal? There is 6 in our party.

I am interested too since we leave in October. I know Bruce suggested going to the NCL Board, but I find very little information there about the POA. From what I can see, most people seem to use the Hawaii Board for posting POA information.

Judy

Sailed on the POA in June 2013 and with a group of eight. We attended Cagney’s and Teppanyaki.

The ambiance at Cagney’s is rather elegant and we all thought the food, especially the stakes, was excellent and there is plenty of it. Most of us were of the opinion that Cagney’s was worth the $30 charge, however, because it is a dining event and took over two hours to complete a couple of individuals in my group stated they would not do it again.

Teppanyaki was a lot of fun but then we made it fun by cheering on and clapping loudly when our hibachi chef did those entertaining features such as attempting to toss food morsels in our mouth or made the volcano or steam train. The diners at the table across from us basically just set there, were non-participatory and I believe they missed the fun element of Teppanyaki. As for the food it too was excellent with lots of choices as to your entry, and like Cagney's lots of it. We all agreed it was worth the $25 surcharge.

If you are looking for something really special to celebrate your anniversary consider going to Mama’s Fish House which is a short ride from the Maui pier.

Just this week I posted a review of our June POA cruise. Since I made recommendations concerning specific tours to take which is not allowed on this Hawaii port board I posted the review on the NCL board. If you have not read the review (not very long) hopefully there are a couple of tips to enhance your future POA cruise.

CaptainR

• 2 weeks later...
Sailed on the POA in June 2013 and with a group of eight. We attended Cagney’s and Teppanyaki.

The ambiance at Cagney’s is rather elegant and we all thought the food, especially the stakes, was excellent and there is plenty of it. Most of us were of the opinion that Cagney’s was worth the $30 charge, however, because it is a dining event and took over two hours to complete a couple of individuals in my group stated they would not do it again.

Teppanyaki was a lot of fun but then we made it fun by cheering on and clapping loudly when our hibachi chef did those entertaining features such as attempting to toss food morsels in our mouth or made the volcano or steam train. The diners at the table across from us basically just set there, were non-participatory and I believe they missed the fun element of Teppanyaki. As for the food it too was excellent with lots of choices as to your entry, and like Cagney's lots of it. We all agreed it was worth the $25 surcharge.

If you are looking for something really special to celebrate your anniversary consider going to Mama’s Fish House which is a short ride from the Maui pier.

Just this week I posted a review of our June POA cruise. Since I made recommendations concerning specific tours to take which is not allowed on this Hawaii port board I posted the review on the NCL board. If you have not read the review (not very long) hopefully there are a couple of tips to enhance your future POA cruise.

CaptainR

Thank you so much CaptainR. This information was very helpful

Le Bistro remains our favorite restaurant on any NCL ship and did not disappoint on POA. We ate there twice. The Brazlian restuarant was not yet open when we sailed in May, but we've eaten at that restuarant on the Sun and it is a close second to Le Bistro for us.

We also enjoyed Cagney's but don't feel its a "must". I know it isn't specialty, but we also really enjoyed the Cadillac Diner for its classic comfort foods (and yummy milkshakes - for a charge).

Archived