Need help with cabin assignment

Hello!

This is our first time on RCI (Independence of the Seas) and we booked a guarantee balcony that was just assigned.

Not sure if we are too happy with the location but we were wondering what can be done to change it? I know about upgrading but we want to know our other options. If we ask for another cabin, are we automatically assigned another. We were given a D2 cabin (isn't this the lowest category?). Does our original cabin get thrown back in the pool and we wait for another one to be assigned?

Thanks!

Hello!

This is our first time on RCI (Independence of the Seas) and we booked a guarantee balcony that was just assigned.

Not sure if we are too happy with the location but we were wondering what can be done to change it? I know about upgrading but we want to know our other options. If we ask for another cabin, are we automatically assigned another. We were given a D2 cabin (isn't this the lowest category?). Does our original cabin get thrown back in the pool and we wait for another one to be assigned?

Thanks!

You should be able to request a change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category that you were assigned.

D2 is the second highest calcony cabin catagory from low to high it's E2, E1, D3, D2 then at the top D1.

You have three choices - move to a different D2 cabin that is open, request to be put back in the pool and take your chances, or pay to upgrade to a D1 or suite.

I have tried to downgrade several times and have never been successful.

Good luck and have fun on your cruise.

THANK YOU all for your prompt replies! That is great!

One other question--if booked through a travel agent, do we need to contact them for any changes in cabin reassignment? Or can this be done directly through RCI?

Thanks again :)

THANK YOU all for your prompt replies! That is great!

One other question--if booked through a travel agent, do we need to contact them for any changes in cabin reassignment? Or can this be done directly through RCI?

Thanks again :)

You must contact the TA to change staterooms.

Thanks h18furball.

Now that I know D2 is a good category (thought it was much lower--have only cruised on Celebrity a few times and D2 is not a great cabin on that line) I would like to keep the D2 category but I think we'll have to move more mid-ship--less motion etc.

Archived