Harwich Hotel

ticktoneer

Another option is The Pier Hotel in Harwich, on the water and a short taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal. Do a search over on the Britain board (or Trip Advisor) and you'll find nice things said about it. I can't give you a personal recommendation yet as we won't be staying there until October (before our TA), but it looks wonderfully British.

http://www.milsomhotels.com/thepier/

Can anyone recommend a hotel or lodge please near the International train station?

Hi Ticktoneer,

Long-time lurker here - overcoming acute shyness to answer your question about Harwich hotels. We stayed at The Pier overnight before sailing on Infinity last month and loved it. Our journey from London was a bit harrowing (missed our stop in Manningtree - long story), and The Pier provided just the soft landing we needed! Great afternoon tea (with scones and Devon cream) ... very good restaurant, lovely staff and very comfortable rooms, some overlooking the sea. Swanky Malin + Goetz toiletries, too. Would stay there again in a flash.

Can anyone recommend a hotel or lodge please near the International train station?

There is a Premier Travel Lodge on the Iconfield Site in walking distance of the ship. It has a Brewers Fayre restaurant called The Mayflower. I could not walk that far, but it depends on your fitness. It would only take about 20 -30 mins walk. We live In Harwich and are going on the Infinity on 26th August 2013 and again on 4th July 2014. You can see the ship from there if that is any help. I should add that the Harwich International Railway station is right there. Are there 2 of you. If so we might be able to help you

There are quite a few hotels, The Cliff which looks out over dovercourt bay as well as the Tower Hotel, The Pier is the most expensive and has views over the river too. The nearest is The Premier Travel Lodge. Depends on what you want to pay I think.

Hi Ticktoneer,

Long-time lurker here - overcoming acute shyness to answer your question about Harwich hotels. We stayed at The Pier overnight before sailing on Infinity last month and loved it. Our journey from London was a bit harrowing (missed our stop in Manningtree - long story), and The Pier provided just the soft landing we needed! Great afternoon tea (with scones and Devon cream) ... very good restaurant, lovely staff and very comfortable rooms, some overlooking the sea. Swanky Malin + Goetz toiletries, too. Would stay there again in a flash.

Afternoon tea! Now I'm looking forward to our brief stay there even more. (We are already booked for dinner.) Thanks!

We stayed at the tower and got a great deal on a hotel booking!! site.

The room was lovely, it had a bar and lovely outdoor garden with piped music.

We however drove round to the Pier Hotel for food and it was great with indoor and outdoor seating but they had no rooms free when we we looking for a place to stay. Great choice of food and drink and it was easy to get an outside table but for indoors they take bookings.

Hi Ticktoneer,

Ha ha ha !!!

Thanks HouseStarkers. Glad you overcame your shyness to help me !

Archived