beach bar between Mahogany & Coxen Hole?

kajunkruisers

can anyone recommend a bar along the route between mahogany & coxen pier? looking for somewhere that the locals would go, nothing fancy..."a hole in the wall bar" would be just fine LOL

Not sure exactly what you are looking for? Somewhere close to Mahogany Bay? -a local bar (or is a beach a necessity?), or why if you are docking at Mahogany Bay you are restricting yourself with bars between there and Coxen Hole?

However in that direction there is Las Palmas, although there are mixed reviews as to whether it is open/or not and whenever I have emailed I have never got a reply. There are reviews on this board. It is at the Mahogany Bay end of the runway.

There is a small local restaurant/bar along that road that has been mentioned on here maybe Miss Jenny's?

There are certainly "hole-in-the-wall" bars in Coxen Hole that are on the water side but not exactly beachside!

Just over the hill in the other direction from Mahogany Bay here is Club Natale, which is a small quiet beach club. It is not manicured like Little French Key, but it is quiet and clean.

Here is a thread with some photos

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1568111

I think they have a facebook page with more photos,and here is a thread with my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1743237

Archived