Walk Off the Boat and...

careycouponer

What to do if you don't want to book an excursion at all? Is there a beach, good shopping, some sort of fun right there in the port area?

I was going to do the stingray tour, but my googling has shown me to stick with Grand Cayman for that. We're doing an all-inclusive in Costa Maya, so I don't want to do one in Cozumel as well. We're diving in Belize and Roatan, so that's out.

I'd like to get in a couple of hours of cheap fun, so any suggestions or notes from people who have been to Cozumel would be fantastic. Thanks!

Take a taxi to 'The Money Bar' . Should cost about $10 each way for the taxi .

The money bar does not charge any entrance fee. Just buy a beer or some food. You can snorkel right in front .

Just google this place and you will see on tripadvisor that it is highly recommended . I go there each time because it is not too crowded.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We normally cab it to a beach but are just planning to walk to El Cid or Park Royal resorts. Both have a day pass that is NOT all-inclusive (El Cid quoted me $17 with a $9 food/drink credit) and look like they have decent snorkeling. Both do not require reservations. We shall see how it goes.

Other area beaches are listed on this cab fare sign that was posted here [credit to mitsugirly] (including Money Bar)...you could do some research on entry fees.

ImageUploadedByForums1376760198.693968.jpg.200360b5cf8094ad07b1b88365837c3e.jpg

Thanks so much for the input! Can't really read that taxi sign, so I'll wing it when I get there. :)

Bah, wow that posted in a really cruddy way. I'll try to post it again if possible. Sorry about that.

We normally cab it to a beach but are just planning to walk to El Cid or Park Royal resorts. Both have a day pass that is NOT all-inclusive (El Cid quoted me $17 with a $9 food/drink credit) and look like they have decent snorkeling. Both do not require reservations. We shall see how it goes.

Other area beaches are listed on this cab fare sign that was posted here [credit to mitsugirly] (including Money Bar)...you could do some research on entry fees.

[ATTACH]282967[/ATTACH]

How far is El Cid from the pier? We're thinking about going back to Cozumel next year and I really want to go to the beach next time. :)

How far is El Cid from the pier? We're thinking about going back to Cozumel next year and I really want to go to the beach next time. :)

It's a 5 minute walk from Puerta Maya pier. I don't know that they have a great beach there though, you'd be better heading towards Chankanaab, Nachi, Corona Beach, etc. Someone posted a map of the beaches on here, if you search for it there was a good photo.

[ATTACH]282967[/ATTACH]

I think Park Royal only offers All Inclusive.

Archived