What is going on in New Orleans in Sep. 2014

deborahjo

Hi DJ, I'm not sure, but it may just be too early to book. Some hotel's don't take reservations over a year out and they use "sold out" as a kind of place holder. Then, again, there may be something BIG going on, but when I googled the date and New Orleans I got nothing :(.

I'd wait a month or so and try again.

Want to book the Dream on September 14, 2014 and am having trouble finding hotels. They say they are all sold out. Or the ones I have points to use say "sold out". Is there something going on that I am not seeing?

See my response to "Prytania Park in NO" thread below.

Most hotel's websites do not allow reserving over a year in advance.

We emailed and called the Park directly and made reservations for Sept 2014. Give it a shot if that property interests you. :)

Want to book the Dream on September 14, 2014 and am having trouble finding hotels. They say they are all sold out. Or the ones I have points to use say "sold out". Is there something going on that I am not seeing?

I checked this year to see if the N.O. Visitor and Convention Bureau mentioned any yearly event in September. The only one is Southern Decadence which is always Labor Day weekend. So I believe the hotels just don't book this far out. There wouldn't be any football games scheduled this far out. Just keep checking back every so often and you should see them open up.

Archived