Fiji

dfunfar

We are going to be in Suva, Fiji on Sunday, October 13th. Does anyone know of a good snorkeling tour?:)

How much time do you have in port? The Suva side has much rougher waters than the Nadi/Denauru side. In fact, you can go surfing on the Suva side (3-5 foot waves), NOT on the Nadi side. The water on that side is like glass and you have to walk out about 1000 feet before it even gets deep enough to swim.

The BEST snorkeling is around some of the smaller islands. Don't know whether you have enough time in port to get on a boat and go to the other islands. There is one that has spectacular snorkeling with the Kava ceremony (it tastes REALLY nasty but you are disrespectful if you don't at least take a little sip) and a great BBQ lunch. BUT it is a full 8 hour trip out of Nadi.

I will ask one of my employees when he calls in tomorrow. He was born and raised in Fiji, used to be a tour bus driver. Half his family still lives there. But first, let me know how much time you have in port.

Archived