Best Beignet

JohnHall1965

we are going to be in NO 2 nights precruise the wife and I were talking and she asked me who had the best Beignet's in town , I replied with the husbands version of the deer in the headlights look followed by a small grunt ..... So if you could only get 1 in NO where would it be ?

Cafe du Monde on Decatur St is it. It's also one of the must go places in Nola.

They also serve their coffee with chicory which you can buy by the bag to take home. I don't drink coffee, but always have a cup there. The seating is under a roof, but no walls. You can see Jackson Square and do all the people watching you want.

Cafe du Monde has been around forever and it's not just a popular tourist stop. We locals still love going there to get those beignets! Don't wear black though, because that powdered sugar will somehow find it's way on your clothes. LOL Hope you have a great time down here and on your cruise.

• 1 month later...

Try Cafe Beignet on Royal Street. It is right by the police station....what does that tell you about the beignets? LOL I had breakfast there in 1998 and loved it (coffee to die for) and we walked by it in January this year and I recognized it. Too full to enjoy one then though.

Morning call is good too, but it isn't anywhere near the quarter.

Cafe DuMonde is the most known, and the location is great. There is indoor seating that is always full during the day, but you can sit inside early in the morning and enjoy the sights and sounds of the city waking up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Try Cafe Beignet on Royal Street. It is right by the police station....what does that tell you about the beignets? LOL I had breakfast there in 1998 and loved it (coffee to die for) and we walked by it in January this year and I recognized it. Too full to enjoy one then though.

I too like Cafe Beignet a bit better than Cafe du Monde.

There is a second Cafe Beignet location on Bourbon Street, at Musical Legends Park. They have a pretty little courtyard and there is often live music & entertainment. Love taking a break there.

But we also always go to Cafe du Monde at least once per visit too.... it's a must-do, just for people watching & the New Orleans experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I made it to Café Du Monde three times, but when I went to go to Café Beignet on the day I was leaving I was so stuffed from eating croissants from Croissant D'Or I didn't stop....I was told to go there by a few people at work, sadly, didn't try em...

Café Du Monde can get very, very, very, very busy and many times there was a line to get in!!!! My hotel was less than a block away, so I went there before. Me and the rest of my friends (when they arrived) went there early in the afternoon and oh my, it was crowded....servers were run off their feet!!!