On-board dry cleaning...will suit be ready for formal night?

I am trying to decide if I want to have my suit cleaned before the cruise and risk it getting wrinkled during the flight/long drive to get to the cruise terminal or if I should just have it cleaned on the ship.

If I send the suit out for dry cleaning on the first day of the cruise, will it be ready for the first formal evening?

It will be ready. Put it in the dry cleaning bag, fill out the form (next day service) and lay it out on the bed before going to dinner. You stateroom attendant take care of it for you. I've always had my tux returned to me no later than the next afternoon.

I would get this ready as soon as you have access to the cabin after 1pm and go ahead and get it to the stateroom attendant when they do their welcome aboard rounds.

I had late seating dinner and while almost always got things back before dinner the next day, occasionally it was not there until the day after.

Same day service is available if in by 9am.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

My FIL actually had his suit not ready in time for formal night pictures and dinner this past cruise on the Enchantment. The refunded him the cost of the service but it really put a damper on our family formal pictures for him. He was not pleased. I know this is an exception and not the rule but it does happen. Thsi was dropped off with the room steward on the first day.

We always have the suit cleaned prior to going and yes it is always wrinkled by the time we unpack. We tag it for a "pressing" on the first day and have it back the next morning. (Same thing with dress shirts and my formalwear, they are already clean and just have them pressed)

We always have the suit cleaned prior to going and yes it is always wrinkled by the time we unpack. We tag it for a "pressing" on the first day and have it back the next morning. (Same thing with dress shirts and my formalwear, they are already clean and just have them pressed)

I've done the same. Clothes inevitably get wrinkled before boarding and I send them for pressing. They're generally very quick as well.

What I am concerned about is, what if my luggage (with suit inside) is not delivered to the cabin before dinner (we have first seating)? I guess I could always do the same-day service for 50% more and send it off in the morning. I think I will talk to the cabin attendant on board and let her/him know that I will need it for the formal evening and see what is suggested.

We have always carried my husband's suit (or tux) on in our carryon and sent it out immediately after getting into our cabin. We have gotten it back on time every cruise but occasionally had to call the room steward as the time got closer lol.

Archived