Pop and wine in checked luggage ????

Jldevlin

We are taking the Miracle to Hawaii in September from Vancouver. We live here so we are taking the sky train to port .. we each have one suitcase and I have a small carry on that has our documents and such.I have heard that all pop and wine must be in a rolling carry on that you must take with you through the screening.But we are flying back from L A and I dont want to have one more bag to take along that I will have to pay for or find a space in the over head.So can I put our pop and wine in our big suitcases and either let it go through that way or can I take it out when I get to port and put it in a large carry bag and go through that way ... Our first Carnival cruise so I am not sure of what they will do .. naughty room like N C L ???? Or not get it back at all.

We are taking the Miracle to Hawaii in September from Vancouver. We live here so we are taking the sky train to port .. we each have one suitcase and I have a small carry on that has our documents and such.I have heard that all pop and wine must be in a rolling carry on that you must take with you through the screening.But we are flying back from L A and I dont want to have one more bag to take along that I will have to pay for or find a space in the over head.So can I put our pop and wine in our big suitcases and either let it go through that way or can I take it out when I get to port and put it in a large carry bag and go through that way ... Our first Carnival cruise so I am not sure of what they will do .. naughty room like N C L ???? Or not get it back at all.

All soda and wine must be taken onboard in your "carryon"........

We have taken 3 Carnival cruises with the latest being Dec 2012 and every time have packed our sodas and water in their own suitcase and left it with the porters and the rest of our luggage. We weren't aware of this "carry on" policy until a month or two ago although it has seemingly been in place for several years.

We have done the checked suitcase with sodas/waters in 2 different ports (Galveston & NOLA) with no issues. No letters of reprimand, no naughty room, no confiscated beverages. Also, we haven't had any drinks that busted either. We are cruising again out of Galveston in Feb 2014 and I plan to check our drinks on that cruise as well. If they are confiscated then so be it. Lesson learned. Just our experiences though.

I've put my caffiene free diet coke (12 pack box or 8 pack bottles) in my checked luggage several times and never had a problem. I always put wine in my carryon. Had an "accident" on time bringing a bottle of champagne home once in my checked luggage and won't make that mistake again. It's almost impossible to get champagne out of white dry clean only garments.

I've put my caffiene free diet coke (12 pack box or 8 pack bottles) in my checked luggage several times and never had a problem. I always put wine in my carryon. Had an "accident" on time bringing a bottle of champagne home once in my checked luggage and won't make that mistake again. It's almost impossible to get champagne out of white dry clean only garments.

I think that is what I might do .. we bought a bottle of booze from bon voyage and we wanted to have a few cans of coke for mixers. So I will put that in our luggage and just carry on our wine ... I cant imagine they would hold our pop until the end of the cruise lol . I really dont want to have one more suitcase just for that ..

I think that is what I might do .. we bought a bottle of booze from bon voyage and we wanted to have a few cans of coke for mixers. So I will put that in our luggage and just carry on our wine ... I cant imagine they would hold our pop until the end of the cruise lol . I really dont want to have one more suitcase just for that ..

If you're doing single cans I would put them in large ziploc bags. Don't want one to pop open,

that would be a mess. Might want to take the small bottles with the screw top if you're going to do singles and use them to mix drinks. That way you can use as much/little as you want and put the top back on.

If you're doing single cans I would put them in large ziploc bags. Don't want one to pop open,

that would be a mess. Might want to take the small bottles with the screw top if you're going to do singles and use them to mix drinks. That way you can use as much/little as you want and put the top back on.

Heheheh no we will each have a case of 12 ...can not even imagine the horror of single cans lol ..

On both our cruises our sodas have went with checked luggage. The 1st cruise, our intention was to just carry all our bags onto the ship with us which included our sodas. We told the porters that our sodas were in the carry on suitcases and we were told that all bags must go with the porters and go through a scanner, so all of our bags went with the porter and our sodas arrived in our cabin safe and sound. Second cruise, we just packed the sodas in the luggage and sent them on with the porter, same thing, all sodas arrived safe and sound. We did try to carry them on per Carnival policy but when you're told no then what do you do?

I'll play devil's advocate... friends on a Carnival cruise had their suitcase soaked by popped cans of soda in someone else's bag. Clothes were ruined, books ruined, just generally a pain in the a$$. The rules are there for this reason. Does it happen often? No, but I don't want MY bag to be the next one ruined.

Archived